Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal. It is a very versatile dish, and it is usually made from scratch using Rice, Tomatoes, Pimento peppers, Tomato paste, Scotch bonnet, Onions, Salt, and other spices. Jollof rice is a unifying dish across West Africa.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, jellof rice, fried chicken & simple lemon venaigrette dressing. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jellof rice, fried chicken & simple lemon venaigrette dressing is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Jellof rice, fried chicken & simple lemon venaigrette dressing is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have jellof rice, fried chicken & simple lemon venaigrette dressing using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jellof rice, fried chicken & simple lemon venaigrette dressing :
- Get of Perboiled rice.
- Take of Chicken.
- Take of Onions.
- Make ready of Scotch bonnet.
- Prepare of Canyenne pepper.
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare cubes of Seasoning.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- Prepare of Cocumber.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Take of Lemon.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Sugar.
This classic Nigerian jollof rice recipe always has three things: rice, a tomato stew, and seasoning. Party jollof rice is commonly the most sort after type of rice, because of its very unique taste. Most people feel the unique taste comes This helps to avoid the rice from sticking together when cooking. Once the tomato is done frying, add your chicken stock to the.
Steps to make Jellof rice, fried chicken & simple lemon venaigrette dressing :
- In a pan or pot, put in some oil n add your sliced onions n sweat the onions. Add your spices n fry a little then add your meat stock & some water, your seasonings n spices, salt to taste and allow to boil. When it boils reduce d heat to low temperature and allow to cook for some time. Until the water is enough to cook the rice then you add your rice. Stir just once n close d pot n allow to cook until its tender & the water has been completely absorbed. Dish out your jellof rice.
- Chicken, using your spices n seasonings marinate your chicken and let it sit for some time an he or two or even overnight in the fridge. Fry in hot oil until its golden brown.
- Salad. Lettuce, carrots and cocumber. Wash your lettuce with salt or vinegar and cut your lettuce in large size. Wash n peel your carrots& cocumber & also slice them. Mix them in a bowl..
- Prepare your simple lemon vinaigrette dressing. 2 tablrspoon of Squeezed lemon juice. Sugar 1teaspoon and salt to taste. 3-4 tablespoon olive oil & some freshly ground black pepper to taste. Whisk the lemon, sugar & salt in a bowl until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add the olive oil slowly whisking constantly until the mixture is well blended. Add black pepper to taste and add the mixture to your salad to taste then its ready to serve. Enjoy. Bon appétit.
Jollof rice is a spicy African rice dish that cooks in one pan, uses lots of veg and can be a veggie main or a side to some simply baked chicken. Fry the plantain for a few minutes on each side until golden and tender. Chicken (whole chicken, drumsticks or chicken breast). When done, grill it in an oven. This is to give it a golden look which is more presentable especially if you have guests Parboil the rice using the method detailed in parboiling rice for cooking jollof rice.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food jellof rice, fried chicken & simple lemon venaigrette dressing recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.