This recipe for skillet chicken stew is full of Tex-Mex flavor, and it's surprisingly fast and easy to prepare and cook. You can also use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken. In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, skillet chicken stew. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Skillet Chicken Stew is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Skillet Chicken Stew is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have skillet chicken stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Skillet Chicken Stew :
- Prepare 1 of waxy potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 in. cubes.
- Take 2 of chicken quarters.
- Make ready 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Make ready 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Take 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Get 1 of medium carrot, sliced 1/4 in. thick.
- Get 1 tsp of chopped fresh sage.
- Get 1 tbsp of cold butter.
- Take 1 tsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of frozen sweet peas.
Add the chicken to the pan, skin side down. My husband has never been a fan of stew until I found this recipe. This hearty chicken stew only takes five minutes to put together and—bonus!—it all happens in a single skillet. Giada De Laurentiis serves up a one-skillet chicken stew that is a hearty and satisfying weeknight Make Giada's one-skillet chicken stew.
Instructions to make Skillet Chicken Stew :
- Add a splash of veg oil to a small non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and fry for 5 minutes until browned and fully cooked. Remove the potatoes and season them lightly with salt and pepper..
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan for about 10 minutes until browned all over. Spoon the excess oil from the pan and add the onions. Let fry for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken stock and thyme to the pan. Let simmer for 30 minutes, turning the chicken over regularly. If the liquid level gets too low, add extra water. You want to keep the chicken about half submerged..
- Add the carrots and sage to the pan. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and let the sauce reduce until there's only about a cup left in the pan..
- Stir the butter into the pan until it melts. Make a slurry by mixing the flour with a few tbsp water, then stir it in also. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes. Check the seasoning and add extra salt and pepper as needed..
- Return the chicken and potatoes to the pan along with the peas. Let simmer a final minute to bring everything up to temperature, then serve..
Broccolini, Chicken Sausage, and Orzo Skillet. This orzo skillet is almost risotto-like since the pasta releases some of its starches. To start a perfect chicken recipe, start with pantry staples like flour and spices to fresh chicken–but no need to use a deep fryer. A sturdy skillet is all it takes to make this juicy, crispy pan-fried chicken. Seared, sauteed, or simmered in all kinds of sauces.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food skillet chicken stew recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.