Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, squid noodles (ika somen). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Squid Noodles (Ika Somen) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Squid Noodles (Ika Somen) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have squid noodles (ika somen) using 3 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Squid Noodles (Ika Somen) :
- Make ready of Surume squid (the body only).
- Get of Ginger.
- Prepare of Mentsuyu (noodle sauce concentrate).
Steps to make Squid Noodles (Ika Somen) :
- Here's my squid!.
- The suckers on fresh squid will stick to you. This isn't a trick!.
- Insert a finger (the index finger should work best) where the eyes are, and separate the part that's stuck together. Separate the body and guts as far as you can reach..
- When the guts have been loosened as much as possible, insert two fingers this time and separate the stuck-on parts that are back..
- Holding down the triangular parts (the fins), pull out the cartilage; it looks like a transparent bone..
- If you have loosened things up properly in Steps 3 and 4, when you pull the legs and body in opposite directions the insides should come right out..
- Pull the fins to peel off the skin. Pull it off in one go! Insert a finger between the skin and body wherever it's stuck, and the skin should come off easily..
- Pull the skin from the top of the fins towards the legs, and it should come off cleanly. The fresher the squid, the easier the skin comes off!.
- Take the skin off. Don't worry if the body rips a bit..
- Cut the body open. You can start from a place that got ripped when you took the skin off, or anywhere you like. Just open it up. Take out any remaining guts with your hands, and scrape off any residue with a knife..
- Cut off the bottom of the body..
- Make small "hidden" cuts on the inside of the cleaned body! Make shallow cuts that go about half way through the body. Use the tip of your knife!.
- It should look like this..
- To turn the squid into somen noodles, slice it very thinly using the tip of your knife. Cut in one smooth stroke from back to front..
- Arrange the cut noodles on a plate using metal chopsticks to make it nice..
- Arrange on a plate..
- Divide the remaining legs and guts. Use in another dish..
- Take out the ink sac. Peel it off carefully so you don't break it..
- Wrap the guts and legs in foil and cook them, or use them in shio kara (salt-preserved squid). Use the squid ink for risotto or pasta..
- I salted down the guts and left it overnight to use in shio kara..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food squid noodles (ika somen) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.