This is a basic, but very good, APPLE PIE video recipe. In this video I will show you how to make a perfect apple pie in a cast iron skillet. Pie season is here and this Cast Iron Skillet Apple Pie is a fun variation on a classic.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, cast iron apple pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cast iron apple pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Cast iron apple pie is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have cast iron apple pie using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cast iron apple pie :
- Take 4 pounds of golden delicious apples peeled, cored and sliced (can use any apples good for baking).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 package of refrigerated pie crust (make sure it has top and bottom).
- Make ready 1 of egg white.
Cinnamon sugar coated apples sandwiched between two layers of flaky How to Make a Skillet Apple Pie. You start by melting the butter and brown sugar in the cast iron pan, in the oven. After it is melted, I place a layer. There are a few benefits to making a pie in a cast iron skillet.
Steps to make Cast iron apple pie :
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss sliced apples in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in the cast iron skillet and add brown sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and place one pie crust in the pan.
- Add apple mixture and place the other crust on top.
- Whisk egg white and brush over the top of the pie then cut some slits in the top.
- Bake 1 hour.
Two big ones: you get an extra crispy crust and the cast iron pan will keep your pie warm for a while when you go back for seconds. This skillet apple pie recipe always brings people back for more. Give this recipe a try for a rustic lattice top pie. So I make apple pies all the time, using homemade crust, etc., but in your normal ceramic (pioneer woman) pie dishes. What differences can I expect with the pie if I cook it using the Cast Iron, and are there any steps unique to cooking with a Cast Iron that I should take into consideration?
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food cast iron apple pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.