This dish is fresh, delicious and so easy to prepare. The flaky phyllo is crisp and light. Baby spinach is very easy to find over here where I live.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, spanakopita! a very very good spinach pie!. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spanakopita! A very very good spinach pie! is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Spanakopita! A very very good spinach pie! is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have spanakopita! a very very good spinach pie! using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spanakopita! A very very good spinach pie! :
- Take 800 g of spinach.
- Take 6 of spring onions.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Take 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- Make ready 2 of large eggs.
- Get 200 g of feta.
- Take 250 g of ricotta.
- Take 80 g of rocket.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
- Take 1 bunch of dill.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Make ready 270 of filo dough.
It comes in all different amounts. You can buy regular spinach that is sold in bunches. The very best traditional Greek spanakopita recipe! Spanakopita (Greek spinach pie) is one of the most popular Greek dishes, that is known and loved around the world.
Steps to make Spanakopita! A very very good spinach pie! :
- You’ll need a very large mixing bowl for this. Wash the spinach well. If using larger leaves it needs to be washed at least three times to remove the dirt. Trim away any large stalks.Trim and finely slice the spring onions and leek. Rinse them in a colander to get rid of any dirt..
- Toss the spinach with the sliced veg (if your colander isn’t large enough, do this in two stages). Sprinkle over the sea salt (or half of it if you are doing this in stages) and toss it in. Leave in the sink. After 15 minutes, use your hands to really scrunch the leaves, onions and leeks together, squeezing out the moisture. Be sure to really get stuck in and use your hands here, a spoon won’t achieve the same thing..
- Once you have scrunched all the leaves, transfer them to your large mixing bowl, and repeat with the remaining ingredients if you are doing it in batches..
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.When the spinach is ready, whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Crumble in the feta and fresh ricotta (draining away any excess liquid from the ricotta) into the bowl. Add the rocket, ground white pepper and finely grate in a generous amount of nutmeg. Finely chop the dill, stalks and all, and mix it in..
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a 25cm×30cm roasting tray and, using a pastry brush,evenly coat the tray. Lay out enough filo to cover the base and drape over the sides, then drizzle with olive oil and brush it all over. Repeat until you have used half the filo; it should be around 3–4 (this will depend on the brand you use) layers thick..
- Spoon the spinach filling into the tray, spreading it out evenly, then top with the remaining filo so it is also around 4 layers thick, brushing each layer with olive oil as you go..
- Scrunch the overhanging filo around the edge of the pie and brush with olive oil. Gently score the top of the pie into 8–12 pieces, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place the tray in the oven, and bake for around 45 minutes, until golden all over, then remove and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving..
A very versatile and delicious dish suitable for every time of the day, as a main dish, starter or mid-day snack! Assemble spanakopita: Place a tablespoon of spinach mixture on the corner nearest you on one strip of phyllo. Fold corner over mixture to make a triangle, then continue folding (like a flag) until phyllo strip is completely folded over spinach mixture. Spanakopita, or a Greek Spinach Pie, is one of their most famous creations. As I have already mentioned, this spinach pie, as well as other Greek pies, is made with phyllo dough.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food spanakopita! a very very good spinach pie! recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.