Whether you cook a couple of chicken breasts up quickly in a skillet, or use pre-cooked chicken like rotisserie chicken or canned chicken breast, this recipe comes together easily. August is my favorite time of the year, its Green Chile time!! Im going to show you how to make the best Green Chicken Enchiladas in the whole world!
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, green chile chicken enchiladas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have green chile chicken enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas :
- Get 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
- Take 1 tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- Get 1 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Take 2 of small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Get 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Get 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 2 cups of reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Take 2 (4 ounce) of cans diced green chilies, drained.
- Make ready 8 (7 inch) of whole wheat flour tortillas.
- Get of For serving: diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired.
These green chile chicken enchiladas are made with shredded chicken and plenty of cheese, all rolled up in corn tortillas and smothered with green chile sauce. This enchilada recipe is sure to become a family favorite! This post may contain affiliate links. There are tons of recipes on how to make green chile chicken enchiladas on the internet.
Instructions to make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside..
- If you chicken is not yet cooked: Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred..
- To make the enchiladas: heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes..
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly..
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy..
I have tried dozens of them, but find that I really appreciate the flavor that comes from making the green chile enchilada sauce from scratch. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are a classic American family favorite! How to Freeze Chicken Enchiladas: Chicken enchiladas can easily be frozen and reheated. It doesn't get any easier than these chicken enchiladas, they're creamy, cheesy and perfect! Green chile is harvested when ripe, and red chile is from chile left on the vine or tied up in RISTRAS to dry out and become red chile.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food green chile chicken enchiladas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.