Kerala Style Puttu Recipe are piping hot steamed rice cakes with coconut and usually paired with a gorgeous Kerala style egg roast or Kadala Curry. Puttu is made from rice flour combined with coconut and salt and steamed in a special Puttu Maker. This recipe has a twist to the original recipe.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, kerala puttu (steamed rice cake). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake) is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook kerala puttu (steamed rice cake) using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake) :
- Get of rice flour.
- Get of Salt.
- Prepare of grated coconut.
- Take of grated coconut for topping/layering.
Puttu aka "rice steamed cake" is one of Kerala's traditional breakfast item. Drain the water completely and dry the wet rice in a cool place and grind it to coarse powder. Snowballs reminded me of kerala's all time famous breakfast: Puttu. For me, there is nothing more refreshing than waking up to the view So back to Puttu, it's one of the easiest yet delicious breakfast items to make, you just need roasted rice flour, grated coconut, little water, salt.
Steps to make Kerala Puttu (Steamed rice cake) :
- Combine rice flour, a pinch of salt, coconut very nicely..
- Add water gradually to the rice flour coconut mix approximately 1/4 cup of water. Mix it very well. It should not be doughy..
- In order to check the ratio of the flour mix to water, gently press a small portion of the mixture between your palm and should form a lump. When pressed further, the lump breaks and crumbled. This should be texture..
- Put on the flame. Take a pressure cooker. Add water enough to cook the puttu. Close the pressure cooker without the weight..
- While water is getting ready for boiling, we do the filling.6 Take a chiratta, add table spoon of coconut, fill puttu mixture and spread it evenly. Make sure you don't press it while filling the shell.
- While the steam comes through the whistle hole, put the chiratta in the hole and steam the puttu for 5-6 minutes in medium flame, till you can see the steam coming out of the puttu..
- Remove the shell carefully aad invert it on a serving plate. Serve it immediately with bananas and pappadum. Also you can have it with kadala curry (black chana), or green peas curry or chicken curry or fish curry..
Puto is a steamed Filipino mini rice cake made out of rice flour (galapong). It is often eaten for breakfast, served with coffee or hot chocolate. Some people also like to grate coconut over it or to eat it with dinugan, a pork blood stew. Puttu (Tamil: புட்டு; Malayalam: പുട്ട്; Sinhala: පිට්ටු) (pronounced [ˈputtu]) is a breakfast dish eaten in the South Indian states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and parts of Karnataka, as well as Sri Lanka. Puttu or steamed rice cake is a popular breakfast dish of Kerala.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food kerala puttu (steamed rice cake) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.