Ohagi, otherwise konwn as botamochi, is basically a mochi rice ball wrapped in anko (a kind of Japanese sweet red bean paste). This is the simple traditional way of making them. As a finishing touch, you can cover them with various ingredients such as sesame seeds and matcha powder.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, ohagi – japanese rice cake with sweet adzuki bean paste. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ohagi – Japanese Rice cake with sweet adzuki bean paste is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Ohagi – Japanese Rice cake with sweet adzuki bean paste is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have ohagi – japanese rice cake with sweet adzuki bean paste using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ohagi – Japanese Rice cake with sweet adzuki bean paste :
- Take of mochi rice.
- Take of water.
- Make ready of sweet adzuki bean paste.
- Get of kinako, soy bean powder.
- Prepare of sugar.
Ohagi is a sweet made from glutinous rice made with azuki paste. Ohagi is a traditional Japanese dessert made of sweet rice balls and a red bean paste. This delicious treat is considered comfort food. The second part of this recipe requires a coating of adzuki bean paste.
Instructions to make Ohagi – Japanese Rice cake with sweet adzuki bean paste :
- Wash the rice, place it to strainer and leave for 5 minutes to strain off the water from the rice. Put the rice into a rice cooker, add the water and cook..
- While the rice is still warm, remove the pan from the rice cooker and crush up with a wooden pestle to make half crushed rice..
- Wet your hands, separate the rice into 10 pieces (35g × 5 and 45g × 5) and make them into balls. Also separate adzuki bean paste into 10 pieces (40g×5 and 15g×５) and make them into balls as well..
- Take one piece of 45g rice on your hand, gentrly spread it out by pressing, place one piece of 15g adzuki bean paste and fold it round to form a ball. Repeat for the remaining 4 pieces. (the azuki bean goes inside, the rice inside).
- In a small bowl, mix the kinako, soy bean powder and the sugar. Roll the ohagi in the kinako mix, making sure it is covered all over..
- Repeat the procedure in reverse. Take one piece of 40g adzuki bean paste onto your hand, gently spread it out by pressing, place one piece of 35g rice ball into the center of the azuki bean paste and fold it round to form a ball. Repeat for the remaining 4 pieces. (the rice goes inside, the azuki bean outside).
This paste can either be made or store bought. Either version is fine, but most prefer to use. Photo about Ohagi botamochi , rice cake covered with sweet red bean paste, traditional japanese sacred food. Encontre imagens stock de Ohagi Botamochi Rice Cake Covered Sweet em HD e milhões de outras fotos, ilustrações e imagens vetoriais livres de direitos na coleção da Shutterstock. Milhares de fotos novas de alta qualidade são adicionadas todos os dias.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food ohagi – japanese rice cake with sweet adzuki bean paste recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.