Set pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Stir in the chicken, okra and cilantro. This is a dish that combines chicken and chickpeas in a flavourful tomato sauce resulting in a finger-licking curry that goes well with naan, parathas or rice.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, nepalese curry with chickpeas and chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nepalese Curry with Chickpeas and Chicken is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Nepalese Curry with Chickpeas and Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have nepalese curry with chickpeas and chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Nepalese Curry with Chickpeas and Chicken :
- Make ready 150 grams of Chickpeas.
- Make ready 250 grams of Chicken (thigh meat).
- Make ready 2 clove of Garlic.
- Take 1 of large Onion.
- Prepare 6 of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Spices:.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of Garam masala.
- Get 1 tsp of Paprika powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Salt.
- Get of Cashew nuts cream:.
- Get 20 of Cashew nuts.
- Prepare 150 ml of Milk.
Madras curry powder provides the base of this bold and flavorful meal. Serve over rice or with roti bread to soak up every drop of gravy. My parents are from Trinidad, so I grew up eating curry. I didn't cook growing up, so as I prepared to move away from home.
Steps to make Nepalese Curry with Chickpeas and Chicken :
- Soak chickpeas in water overnight. Put cashew nuts and milk in the blender and mix to a cream consistency..
- Heat the oil in the saucepan, add minced garlic and julienned onion in this order..
- Cook until the onion turns transparent. Then add the small bite sized chicken pieces and well-drained chickpeas..
- Cook over a high heat for a while but do not to burn. Add the spices and tomato and steam fry about 10 minutes..
- It turns out like this picture..
- Pour 800 ml of water in the saucepan and simmer for about 20 minutes. Once chickpeas have softened, turn down to low heat. Add cashew nuts cream..
- Mix well and bring it to a boil to thicken. Season with salt to taste, then serve..
Instructions Mix together the turmeric, pepper and salt. In a small skillet over medium heat, dry-roast the mustard seeds for a few seconds, or until they are fragrant. Fry the chicken pieces for about a minute in a high heat. Add turmeric, paprika powder and fry until the water and fat evaporates. Add chicken curry powder, red chili powder, salt and ginger garlic paste.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food nepalese curry with chickpeas and chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.