Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, smoked cheese & caramalised red onion tartlets. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Smoked Cheese & Caramalised Red Onion Tartlets is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Smoked Cheese & Caramalised Red Onion Tartlets is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook smoked cheese & caramalised red onion tartlets using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked Cheese & Caramalised Red Onion Tartlets :
- Make ready 100 g of finely grated smoked firm cheese,.
- Take 1 of red onion, sliced into very thin strips,.
- Prepare of Around 4 tbsp milk, (I used almond milk),.
- Get 1 of medium beaten egg,.
- Prepare of Cracked black pepper and salt to season.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Take 1 sheet of ready roll puff pastry (I used the 'lighter' kind),.
- Prepare of For dipping sauce:.
- Make ready of Thick Greek plain yogurt or quark,.
- Take of Finely chopped chives,.
- Prepare 1 of small pinch of salt.
Steps to make Smoked Cheese & Caramalised Red Onion Tartlets :
- Preheat your oven to 180 (fan). Remove your pastry from the fridge and leave to come up to room temperature. Gently unfold it out flat leaving it on the parchment backing paper. Using a sharp knife score into neat and even squares. The sheet should make approx 18-24 puff squares. Once they are scored out, take the knife and gently score a frame on each one around the inside edges being careful not to go right through the pastry. Gently pierce a couple of holes in the center of each square..
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat and add the oil. Once hot add the onions. Stir to coat in the oil. Fry until starting to soften then turn the heat down to medium. Season well with salt and pepper..
- Once the onions have softened down sprinkle over half of the smoked grated cheese into the pan plus the milk. Turn the heat down to low, and whilst stirring occasionally reduce down until the milk has fully evaporated off and you're left with a thick cheesy caramalised onion mixture. Leave on a very low heat to keep warm..
- Take tiny spoonfuls of the cheesy onion mixture and place into the centre of each small pastry square. Take the remaining grated smoked cheese and place some over the top then bake at 180 for 12-15 minutes until risen, golden and cooked through. Leave to cool while you make the dipping sauce by combining the ingredients shown..
- Serve up to your guests whilst either still a little warm, or if made ahead have them cold, enjoy! :).
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food smoked cheese & caramalised red onion tartlets recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.