It's a simple cake made from scratch, flavored with honey and orange. This cake is quick to put together, and would make a wonderful lunchbox snack cake or afternoon pick-me-up. The unmistakable flavor of honey gives this tender cake a lovely finish.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, honey cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Honey cake is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Honey cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have honey cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Honey cake :
- Take 170 g of clear runny honey.
- Take 140 g of butter.
- Get 85 g of light brown muscovado sugar.
- Get 2 of eggs beaten.
- Get 200 g of self raising flour.
- Take of water.
- Prepare of for the icing.
- Take 1 tbsp of honey.
- Get 55 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare of hot water.
The sliced almonds give their textural counterpoint to the soft grain of the cake. Dress it up for dessert with slices of fruit and a bit of ice cream. Turn off heat and whisk in cold water. In a large bowl, beat butter and honey until blended.
Steps to make Honey cake :
- Pre heat the oven on gas mark 4 and butter line a cake tin 7in/18cm cake tin.
- In a large saucepan on a low heat add the sugar butter and honey and mix untill melted do not bring to a boil and keep stiring once melted take of the heat.
- To the honey mixture add the flour and eggs and mix to get a silky batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased cake tin and bake for 40 to 45 mins until springy to touch.
- Cool slightly before removing from the pan.
- Mix the icing sugar with 2 to3 tsp of warm water and the 1 tbsp honey to get a runny consistency and drizzle over the cake whislt its still warm.
The signature honey gives the cake sweetness and a delicious flavor, but it's also packed with other flavorful ingredients such as coffee/tea, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom so it's wonderfully scented. I suggest not skipping the cloves as they go perfectly with the honey and help to enhance the flavor, unless you don't like cloves at all. In a small bowl, combine honey and baking soda; mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Honey cake is one of the traditional foods eaten on the holiday.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food honey cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.