Tourists from all over the world, while wandering in the city, crave for this dish. It is basically chicken pieces cooked with chickpeas an spices. It is more preferable for breakfasts although you can have it at any course of meal.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, lahori murgh channay – lahori chickpea and chicken curry. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have lahori murgh channay – lahori chickpea and chicken curry using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry :
- Make ready 6 Tbsps of Oil –.
- Take 600 gms of Chickpeas – (cooked).
- Get 450 gms of Chicken – (6-8 pieces).
- Prepare 3 of Onions – Medium (finely chopped).
- Make ready 4 of Tomatoes – Medium (Pureed).
- Get 1 Tbsp of Garlic Ginger / –.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin –.
- Get 1 tsp of Mustard seeds (Rai)–.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana) –.
- Take 1 tsp of Seeds Nigella (Kalonji) –.
- Make ready 1 of Green chili – medium.
- Make ready 1 of Red chili (Use more green chili or chili powder if you cannot find fresh red chili) –.
- Prepare ½ tsp of Chili Powder – (adjust in accordance with the use of green & red chili).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Powder –.
- Prepare ¼ tsp of Turmeric –.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Salt – (adjust as per your taste).
- Make ready 700 ml of Water –.
- Take of Curry Leaves Fresh – few (if you can find them).
- Take 1 tbsp of Amchoor Mango powder – Dried – (optional).
My Lahori work colleagues somehow made it their mission to feed (Read: force feed) the new girl with authentic Lahori food. Let stand while you make the sauce. Finely mince the onion, garlic, and ginger in a food processor and set aside. Add the chicken and stir fry on high heat till the chicken turns white on the outside.
Steps to make Lahori Murgh Channay – Lahori Chickpea and Chicken Curry :
- Heat Oil in the pan and fry onions till light brown..
- Add ginger/Garlic paste. Cook for 30 sec..
- Now add chicken and cook it for 3-4 minutes till the chicken changes its color..
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds. Cook them for about a minute. Deglaze the pan with 100 ml of water. It ensures that the seeds don't burn..
- Add tomato puree, salt, chili powder, turmeric and Cumin Powder. Cook till the water dries up and oil comes out on the sides..
- Add drained chickpeas, one green chili and a few leaves of Curry Leaves (optional) and mix thoroughly..
- Add 700 mls of water, mix it and let it boil on high heat for 5-7 minutes..
- Now reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cover the pan..
- Take a cup of chickpeas from the pan and mash them in a plate with a fork. Add the mashed chickpeas to the curry. This will thicken the gravy..
- Simmer for around 20 mins till the curry has reduced to about ¾ of the water and has thickened..
- Once you remove the pan from heat, you can add a tablespoon of dried mango powder to give the curry a slight tanginess. The curry tastes fabulous without Dried mango powder as well..
- Garnish with fresh Coriander..
The baking soda helps flavour permeate into the chickpeas. A nearby restaurant has a lahori choley that I love. I tried to make it at home many times without much luck. It never tasted like the restaurant's: my gravy didn't thicken enough or get brown enough, and the chickpeas were never as soft as they should have been. Lahori Channay is cooked along with a piece of chicken (Murgh Channay)or a piece of mutton (Gosht Channay).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food lahori murgh channay – lahori chickpea and chicken curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.