Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, rice pancake / appam. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rice Pancake / Appam is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Rice Pancake / Appam is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook rice pancake / appam using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Rice Pancake / Appam :
- Get 150 g of rice flour.
- Get 1/2 tsp of yeast.
- Take 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Get 125 ml of coconut milk.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
Instructions to make Rice Pancake / Appam :
- Add in 2 tbsp. lukewarm water to the yeast and sugar in a big bowl. Mix well, set aside for about 10 minutes..
- Add in the rice flour, salt and coconut milk, mix well. The batter should be of dropping consistency. Cover it and set aside for about 2-3 hours..
- Heat up the mould or an appam pan, grease it lightly with oil..
- Pour enough batter into it, slowly rotate the mould or pan in a circular motion so that a thin layer forms on the side while the centre reminds thick. Use a spoon to scoop in the egg, add in 2 spoons of egg mixture in each mould. If you use an appam pan, crack an egg in the centre..
- Cover and cook for a minute, remove the appam when the centre fluffy part is cooked. Sprinkle a bit of black pepper on top. Or you can serve it hot with curries..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food rice pancake / appam recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.