Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, butternut squash & cheese scone. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook butternut squash & cheese scone using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone :
- Take of butternut squash, cut into cubes.
- Take of butter, cubed.
- Prepare of self-raising flour.
- Prepare of salt & ground black pepper.
- Prepare of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of paprika.
- Make ready of chili flakes.
- Make ready of Fresh thyme.
- Prepare of – 100g cheddar cheese, grated.
- Make ready of Parmesan cheese, grated.
Steps to make Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone :
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Cook the squash in salted boiling water for 10-15 mins, until soft, drain and put back into the hot pan to dry out, not over the heat though. Puree the squash in a food processor, or I use a Nutri bullet, set aside to cool..
- Add the flour and salt to a bowl, then rub in the cubed butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the cooled pureed butternut squash to make a soft dough, add the spices, plenty of salt and ground black pepper, some thyme leaves and the grated cheddar cheese..
- Shape the dough into a ball, then flatten down slightly, mark the scone with the back of a knife into 8 equal wedges..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until looking golden, tap the base, it should sound hollow once it’s baked. Grate over more parmesan cheese and sprinkle over more thyme leaves. Serve the scone buttered, it's perfect dunked into homemade soup..
- Top Tip: As there is no egg in this recipe, I like to taste some of the dough to make sure I have the flavours and seasoning right before baking..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food butternut squash & cheese scone recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.