A perennial plant in the nightshade family that was first cultivated in. Borrowed from Spanish patata, itself borrowed from Taíno batata. (UK) IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.təʊ/, [pə̥ˈtʰeɪtʰəʊ]. (General American) enPR: pə-tāʹtō, IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.toʊ/, [pə̥ˈtʰeɪɾoʊ], [pə̥ˈtʰeɪɾə]. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, potato & pork nikujaga. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Potato & Pork Nikujaga is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Potato & Pork Nikujaga is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have potato & pork nikujaga using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato & Pork Nikujaga :
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Get 1 of small carrot.
- Get 2 of potatoes.
- Get 200-250 g of thinly sliced pork.
- Take 1 pack of "shirataki" (noodles made from konnyaku).
- Take 1 of little spinach or a few snow peas (optional for garnish).
- Take 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Make ready of Soup/Seasoning:.
- Take 400 ml of dashi broth (you can make from instant if you want but homemade is much much better!).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Make ready 3 Tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of sake (rice wine).
- Get 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of salt.
The potato is a tuber—a short, thick, underground stem with stored starches and sugars—of the Nutritionally, the potato supplies complex carbohydrates—essential for energy—and a very low. The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial Solanum tuberosum of the Solanaceae family (also known as the nightshades). The word potato may refer to the plant itself as well as the edible tuber. In the region of the Andes, there are some other closely related cultivated potato species. potato.
Instructions to make Potato & Pork Nikujaga :
- Prepare your dashi stock if you don't have any already made. Cut the onions into wedges. Cut carrots into bite size pieces. Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. If the meat is in long slices, cut it into smaller width (maybe 5 cm)..
- Boil the shirataki noodles for 1 minute, drain and cut in half. Briefly boil the spinach or snow peas until they are bright green (30-60 seconds). Cool the spinach/snow peas in cold water and set aside til later..
- Heat a large pot with 1 Tbsp oil. Add onion and cook until they soften a little..
- Add the pork and saute with the onions until it changes color..
- Add the potatoes, carrots and shirataki to the pot. Pour in the soup and seasoning ingredients: dashi, soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar and salt..
- Bring to a boil. Skim off any foam that comes up in the soup..
- Cover lightly with a drop lid (you can use a piece of aluminum foil too) – or with an offset lid if you don't have one..
- Cook on medium-low for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes to make it more flavorful if you can wait :P.
- Serve into bowls. Garnish with the snow peas or pieces of spinach. Nice to eat with rice! Leftovers are even better the next day!.
A word used by some people to describe themselves in a humorous way. Generally used by girls with low self-esteem who think they aren't attractive and/or cute enough to make guys, especially. Examples of potato in a Sentence. She's growing carrots and potatoes in her garden this year. Recent Examples on the Web An appetizer of fish cutlets with shrimp sauce is served with potato.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food potato & pork nikujaga recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.