Try one of these, our most popular red velvet cake recipes. Historically, red velvet cake was just chocolate cake tinted red from the acid in cocoa powder, not from food coloring. Nowadays most cocoa powders are alkalized, as in stripped of acid.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, red velvet cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Red velvet cake is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Red velvet cake is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook red velvet cake using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Red velvet cake :
- Get 300 g of sugar.
- Take 100 g of butter/ margarine.
- Make ready 250 g of plain flower.
- Get 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Make ready 2 tsp of apple cidger vinegar.
- Take 2 of eggs.
- Take 3/4 tsp of red food colour.
- Take 3/4 tsp of co co powder.
- Get 150 ml of butter milk or 140ml milk with 2 tsp lemon juice.
- Get of Cream cheese icing 🤤.
- Make ready 150 g of butter/ margarine.
- Prepare 150 g of cream cheese.
- Get 400 g of icing sugar.
Look for a non-alkalized one for this old-fashioned recipe. Completing the classic look is a coat of bright white ermine frosting, cooked the old-fashioned way. This is similar to the original recipe that began the red velvet craze. It was developed by the Adams Extract company in Gonzales, Tex.
Steps to make Red velvet cake :
- Turn the oven on to 170 fan.
- Use two approx 20cm round tins. Grease and line them..
- Mix together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until creamed..
- Add in the eggs then mix in together..
- Add the co co powder, vanilla and the food colour mix..
- Add in the buttermilk or milk and lemon a little at a time. Add some flour then add some milk then add some flour and then some milk etc…..
- In a separate cup mix your baking power/ bicarbonate of soda in with the apple cider vinegar. Pour that into your cake mix and stir well..
- Evenly split the mix into your two cake tins and bake in the middle of the oven for around 30 mins..
- Whilst your cakes are cooling down you can make the icing.
- First mix the butter and cream cheese together. Then add in the icing sugar and stir it all together..
- Use a spoon or knife or what even you find easiest to ice your cake. I keep this cake in the fridge because I think the icing is nicer cold..
It has a decadent chocolate flavor and the creamiest cream cheese frosting. The combo of vinegar and buttermilk makes a red velvet cake extra tender, light, and fluffy. Bake up a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes instead of a whole cake. Heat oven and make cake batter as directed in recipe. In our family no one thinks it's Christmas without this Red Velvet Cake recipe.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food red velvet cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.