Add the potato cakes to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until they have formed a. Mashed potatoes get a makeover into these deliciously cheesy crispy mashed potato pancakes in minutes.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, mashed potato cakes. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mashed potato cakes is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Mashed potato cakes is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook mashed potato cakes using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mashed potato cakes :
- Take 3 of large potatoes, cooked.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of milk.
- Get 2 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready of Hand full chopped chives.
- Make ready 1 cup of cheese of your choice (Feta cheese, Blue cheese,Cheddar cheese).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and white pepper.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Get of Oil for frying.
These crispy mashed potato pancakes are so great, they can not only be made with leftover mashed potatoes, they can be made with instant potatoes, frozen mashed potatoes. Add butter, cheese, flour, an egg, and seasoning, and you've got the mixture for potato cakes. If you have leftover mashed potatoes on hand, all you need to do is add the flour, egg, and cheese. Just be mindful of how your potatoes are already seasoned, and adjust as necessary.
Instructions to make Mashed potato cakes :
- Place the potatoes into a pot. Cover with salted water. Boil and cook potatoes until soft and tender. Peel off potatoes skin. Add in butter, salt and pepper. Mash until well combined. Then, stir in milk..
- Now add grated cheese and chopped chives. Mix all ingredients well together. Place the potato mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to set..
- In this step, take 2tbsp of mashed potatoes and shape the potato mixture into small cakes (as you see in the photos)..
- Now, dip each potato cake in the flour, then dip into the beaten egg and finally coat each one with bread crumbs..
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add potato cakes to the pan and fry them for 5-6 minutes each side until brown and crisp both sides..
- Serve potato cakes hot. For garnishing these tasty cakes, there are endless toppings such as yogurt, cottage cheese, herbs,.
Heat vegetable oil in a clean skillet over medium heat. Place your mashed potatoes, eggs, cheese, and one cup of flour into a mixing bowl. Gradually add up to one more cup of flour until potatoes become thick enough to hold their shape on the griddle. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mashed potato cakes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.