Simply toss apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar, and spoon over a refrigerated pie crust in the cast-iron skillet. Top with the other crust and bake. James Wright, Chattanooga, Tennessee Carefully line your well seasoned cast iron pan with dough and fill with apple mixture.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, cast iron skillet apple pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Cast Iron skillet Apple pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Cast Iron skillet Apple pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have cast iron skillet apple pie using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cast Iron skillet Apple pie :
- Take 1 stick of butter.
- Take 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Make ready 5 of large Granny Smith apples, cored peeled and thinly sliced.
- Take 3 of 9" refrigerated pre rolled pie crusts.
- Take 1 cup of white sugar divided.
- Take 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of butter, cut into small chunks.
Dot top of pie with cubes of butter. Roll out second disc of pastry dough and place onto pie, cutting slits for steam (or cut into strips for a lattice top). Seal and flute edges and cut away excess dough hanging over the edge of the pan. Place butter in large iron skillet and place in oven to melt.
Steps to make Cast Iron skillet Apple pie :
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in cast iron skillet and put in hot oven to melt..
- Remove skillet sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter. Return skillet to oven while you prepare apples..
- Remove skillet and place one pie crust over the brown sugar layer. Top the pie crust with half the sliced apples. Sprinkle apples with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Top with second pie crust, add remaining apples, sprinkle with 1/2cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon..
- Top with the third crust; sprinkle top crust with 1/4 cup sugar and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Cut 4 slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape..
- Bake in preheated oven until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. 45 – 55 minutes usually..
- Serve warm. Good topped with vanilla ice cream. I have never had any left over so can't attest to how it is the next day!.
When butter is melted, stir in brown sugar, place back in oven and let that melt together. This apple pie is constructed in layers and it doesn't have an edge. The best part about this entire recipe is the bottom layer of butter and brown sugar. Remove from heat, and let the mixture cool while you prepare the apples. Apple pie baked in a cast iron skillet is a real stunner.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food cast iron skillet apple pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.