Meanwhile, crush the cardamom pods in a mortar and. This gajar ka halwa is also called as Carrot halwa Recipe. This recipe shares with you the traditional way of making delicious suji ka halwa,gajar ka halwa without any shortcuts.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, carrot halwa. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Carrot Halwa is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Carrot Halwa is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have carrot halwa using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Carrot Halwa :
- Take 4 cups of Carrot grated finely.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- Take 4 cups of Milk.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Cardamom crushed.
- Make ready 10 of Cashews halved.
- Get 5 of Almonds chopped finely.
- Get 1/4 cup of Ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Raisins.
By the way, in Punjab it is called halwa as Gajrela. During the winters season, we make gajar ka halwa mostly. Carrot halwa is a Indian pudding made with fresh carrots, milk, sugar, ghee & nuts. It is made by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk & then sweetened with sugar.
Instructions to make Carrot Halwa :
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in kadai roast cashews, almonds, raisins into golden brown and keep aside.Grate and cook the carrots in milk in an open pan. Flame should be low. Don't take your hands out keep on stirring. Don't let them to stick or burn..
- While all the milk evaporates add sugar by stirring by another hand. Once sugar melted completely add the ghee little by little and finish all the ghee.. Halwa want to leave the pan and ghee come out from the edges. Garnish with crushed cardamom, roasted nuts. Serve hot or chilled..
It is flavored with cardamom powder & garnished with chopped nuts. Carrot Halwa also known as Gajar ka Halwa is popular in North India and it is generally made during the winter season. In carrot halwa recipe, carrots, milk, ghee and sugar are added. But you can also add cardamom powder and finely or roughly chopped dried fruits in it. You can also use milkmaid or khoya instead of milk and sugar.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food carrot halwa recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.