Smoked Mackerel Pate makes a fantastic light lunch or an easy starter for a dinner party meal (although honestly, I can't remember the last time I Smoked Mackerel Pate is such a simple dish to make. Just combine your Smoked Mackerel, flaked into pieces, with soft cheese, lemon, sea salt and. Cooking Method For Smoked Mackerel Pate.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, smoked mackerel pate and scandi platter. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have smoked mackerel pate and scandi platter using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter :
- Take 2 of smoked mackerel fillets.
- Prepare 30 of ml/2 tbsp cream cheese.
- Take 5 of –10ml/1–2 tsp creamed horseradish.
- Make ready of juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- Make ready of black pepper.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper, to garnish.
- Make ready of serving suggestions: serve with smoked salmon, gravadlax, soused herring, potted shrimp or dressed crab, Scandinavian crisp breads or little rounds of toasted French bread, and potato salad if you wish.
Remove the skin from the fillets – the bones are removed but you can remove any small ones you see. then. This fish pâté recipe is an easy smoked mackerel pâté with pickled beets. This smoked mackerel pâté is really easy to make but packs in a lot of flavour. Served with cucumber and pickled beetroot make it a bit more special.
Steps to make Smoked Mackerel Pate and Scandi Platter :
- Peel the skins from the mackerel fillets and discard, then flake the flesh into a mixing bowl, discarding bones as you do so. Add the cream cheese and horseradish, half the lemon juice, all of the zest and a good grinding of black pepper..
- Using a fork, mash the fish into the cream cheese until well combined, and you have achieved the texture you prefer, keep going for a really smooth pâté..
- Taste, and add more lemon juice, pepper or horseradish if needed. Cover and refrigerate for 1–2 hours. Lay out the smoked salmon and other seafood on a large plate, add bowls of pate and serve with crispbread or bread..
Quite simply the easiest pâté I've ever made. All the ingredients are placed together in the bowl of the processor, then one little whiz and it's made! It also has an utterly sublime flavour – brilliant! Serve with hot toasted wholemeal bread. You can serve the pate in small ramekins or in one large dish.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food smoked mackerel pate and scandi platter recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.