Her family lived in another town from us and I didn't really get to spend a lot of time with them while I was growing up. She had several sons and daughters that were older than I was. Southern Sweet Potato Pie This Mississippi sweet potato pie is very popular in the South.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, southern sweet potato pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southern sweet potato pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Southern sweet potato pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have southern sweet potato pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern sweet potato pie :
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of sweet potato.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Get 2 of eggs.
- Get 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 of frozen deep dish pie crust.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of evaporated milk.
It's a particular favorite at our house because we always have plenty of sweet potatoes in our garden. Try it with a dollop of whipped cream. Don't get us wrong—the new school of cooking is fantastic. After all, it gave us air fryers!
Steps to make Southern sweet potato pie :
- Boil sweet potato until fork goes through the center cool and peel.
- Mash sweet potato using mixer and add all ingredients except eggs and flour.
- Taste to see if it's sweet enough then add your flour and eggs blend on high for two minutes.
- Pour in to pie crust just below the rim.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes until fork comes out ALMOST clean.
- Let it cool off then enjoy.
But sometimes, you've just got to go old-school with your recipes, and this old-fashioned Southern Sweet Potato Pie recipe is proof that this time-tested recipe is just the way to go. This Thanksgiving, you'll certainly find this dish in a place of honor, and since Paula's never been one to. And that's exactly what this Sweet Potato Pie is… simple, classic, and flavorful. This Fall favorite is made with roasted sweet potatoes, butter, evaporated milk (the secret ingredient), brown sugar, and a blend of warm fall spices. It tastes pretty close to pumpkin pie, but with a bit of a milder flavor that I much prefer.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food southern sweet potato pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.