Always freeze the pie on the day that you make it. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then cook as per the recipe. In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, cottage pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Cottage pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Cottage pie is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cottage pie using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage pie :
- Prepare 450 g of beef mince.
- Take 2 sticks of celery.
- Get 2 of medium carrots.
- Make ready 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Take 3 tsp of bisto beef gravy granules.
- Get 1 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- Get 5 of medium sized Maris Piper potatoes.
Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection.
Instructions to make Cottage pie :
- Peel and chop the potatoes and put onto boil. These take approx 18mins from reaching the boil. Drain and mash these with a splash of milk and a knob of real butter. Go for a wetter mash as you need to be able to spread it on top of the meat mix later..
- Whilst the potato cooks, dice up the onion, celery and carrots and in a separate pan saute these in the vegetable oil..
- Once the vegetables have softened a little add the tomato puree. Then add the minced beef to brown. Keep stirring so that any lumps are broken up..
- When the meat is browned add in the gravy granules and a little water (about 1/4 pint) to make the mixture wet and gravy coated but not swimming. Spoon this into a n ovenproof dish..
- Add the mash to the dish. Spread it out to cover all the meat mixture. You can leave the dish at this point if you need to prepare ahead of mealtime..
- When ready to get the meal together put the dish into a 200° oven for approx 30 mins. If you like cheese add some grated cheddar to top the dish for the last 15 mins.
- Serve with boiled or steamed vegetables on the side with beef gravy..
Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. The Best Cottage Pie Recipe (Shepherd's Pie with Beef!) Learn How to Make Shepherd's Pie in ONE POT for Saint Patrick's Day!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.