This is gonna smell and look delicious. See great recipes for Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies too! See recipes for Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies too.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, butterless lime curd mini pies. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have butterless lime curd mini pies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies :
- Get 6-8 of ready-bake mini pie shells (depends how full you want them).
- Make ready 1/2 cup of lime juice (fresh is best, but bottled is fine).
- Take of zest of 2 limes.
- Make ready 3 of large egg yolks.
- Make ready 2 of large whole eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Get of ~ Optional fresh whipped cream.
- Take 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 tbs of powdered sugar.
- Prepare dash of vanilla.
Tip the dough ball on to a work surface and knead the dough lightly until smooth. In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, dissolve sugar into lemon juice. Lightly beat egg in a small/medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly pour lemon/sugar syrup into the egg.
Instructions to make Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies :
- Pre-bake pie shells according to package directions. While they are baking begin your lime curd..
- Use a zester or grater to zest 2 limes, careful not to get any of the white pith. Juice enough limes to get 1/2 cup of juice (about 4-6 depending on size)..
- In a small bowl beat together whole eggs and egg yolks. In a medium saucepan off heat stir together lime juice, lime zest, sugar, beaten eggs, and salt until smooth..
- Turn on heat to medium low and cook mixture, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minutes. Do not allow to come to a simmer and do not allow to sit or you chance scrambling the eggs..
- Curd is thick enough when it coats the spoon and a swipe of your finger leaves a stripe, as pictured. Turn off heat, cover and let cool 20 minutes..
- Stir lime curd and spoon into prepared crusts, spreading out to fill evenly. Refrigerate uncovered (this forms a nice skin on top) at least 2-4 hours. Serve chilled..
- Add whipped cream if desired: In a chilled bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a wisk attachment add cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Wisk on medium speed until stiff peaks form, careful not to over whip so you don't make butter. ;).
Place mini graham cracker crusts onto a baking sheet. This Eggless Butterless Lemon Curd is a popular fruit based spread, used as a topping or served as a side for bread and scones. The most popular one is the lemon curd which is widely employed in pies and tarts. It's also a great replacement for jam and preserves. Traditionally it is prepared with eggs, butter, and the fruit.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food butterless lime curd mini pies recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.