Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, giant reeses cup cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Giant Reeses Cup Cake is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Giant Reeses Cup Cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook giant reeses cup cake using 13 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Giant Reeses Cup Cake :
- Take of The Reeses Shape.
- Prepare of Giant Cup Cake Mold.
- Prepare of Chocolate Cake Layers.
- Take of Chocolate Cake Mix (plus ingredients for that)..
- Get of The Shell (Chocolate Ganache).
- Get of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Get of Butter.
- Make ready of Chocolate Chips (or 12-17 Milk Chocolate Bars).
- Prepare of Peanut Butter "Filling".
- Make ready of Graham Cracker Crumbs.
- Prepare of Creamy Peanut Butter.
- Take of Butter.
- Get of Powdered Sugar.
Steps to make Giant Reeses Cup Cake :
- I used a giant non stick cupcake mold to make this. I could not find the silicone one at the time. So depending on what you are using, will vary how you get the "Shell" to come out. Note: the more chocolate you use for the shell, the easier it will be to get it out. It will however be less creamy. I used two large bags of milk chocolate chips..
- Prepare your Cake Layer base: You can use your own recipe for the chocolate cake. I used a box cake to save on time. Prepare your cake according to the box instructions..
- Grease your giant cupcake mold well with butter. Then to ensure better flavor- sprinkle Cocoa Powder on the butter..
- Pour your cake batter in the cupcake mold about 3/4 of the way full. Then bake in the oven according to the cake instructions. Or just until you insert the toothpick and it comes out clean..
- Meanwhile, prepare your Peanut Butter Filling. In a food processor or a blender grind up the graham cracker until very fine crumbs. Then blend in the powdered sugar..
- Now mix the peanut butter and butter into the graham cracker crumbs just until the crumbs are "wet"..
- You want it to be firm and dry enough to mold into a patty..
- Put some wax or parchment paper down and make a round patty out of the Peanut Butter filling. Chill this for at least 20 minutes..
- Prepare The Shell (Chocolate Ganache). In a saucepan, heat the whipping cream and butter just until it starts to bubble on the sides. Remove from heat and mix all of the chocolate in. The mixture should end up smooth and creamy with no lumps. Heat this up as needed..
- Once the cake is done, let it cool completely and carefully remove it from the mold. Let it chill in the fridge until the shell is prepared..
- To make the shell, the cupcake mold should be completely cooled. To get the Shell out easier, you can line the mold with aluminum foil. Leaving enough room at the top to tug it out. Make sure to grease it a little..
- Grease your mold with shortening and cocoa powder to help the mold come out easier. Now pour about 2 cups into the bottom of the mold. Pick the mold up and tilt it around until the chocolate is covering the entire mold to the top. At the point, stick it in the freezer for about 10 minutes to let harden..
- Take the mold back out and pour about 1 more cup of chocolate in the bottom and work around the mold again. Freeze for 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, remove your cake from the fridge. Cut off the top of it to make it level. Now make 2 layers to go into the shell. Cut the bottom layer approximately 1.5 inches tall. Then cut the top of the remaining layer around the same height..
- Remove the shell from the freezer and ensure it is completely hardened. Carefully remove it from the mold. To do this I tapped lightly around the side & bottom and carefully shook it out. I had a few spots crack so I applied more chocolate to those spots and let harden (out of the mold) in the freezer for a few minutes..
- Remove the Peanut Butter Filling from the fridge..
- Place a dab of the chocolate ganache in the center bottom of the shell to act as a glue. Fit your smallest cake layer in..
- Take your Peanut Butter Filling and place on top of the first layer. Work it around to completely cover the bottom layer. Now place the last layer on top of the Peanut Butter Filling..
- If it is above the edges of the shell, press it down. If it doesn't come close to the top, slice another layer from the extra cake that was left and put it on top to compensate for the shortfall..
- Now carefully pour the ganache around any gaps between the layers and the shell. Keep filling until it covers the top of your top layer completely. Smooth the top out with a spatula all the way to the edges of the shell..
- Stick this in the freezer for about 30 minutes to let that harden. Now you're done!.
- To cut the Reeses, run a knife under HOT water and then make your cut..
- This recipe takes time. Having patience and taking it easy with this will be the difference between sucess and failure. Especially with the Shell. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food giant reeses cup cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.