Originating in the Ottoman Empire, shawarma is the Arab version of a stacked meat dish that is cooked on a rotating spit. Narrow on the bottom of the spit, and wider at the top, this cone shaped meat layered delight is cooked slowly. The outer edge of the meat crisps up, giving it a bit of crunch when it's slices off.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, beef shawarma. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Beef shawarma is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Beef shawarma is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook beef shawarma using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef shawarma :
- Take 1 kg of thinly sliced boneless/ debone beef.
- Make ready of (marinade and refrigerate for 4-24hrs).
- Get 6 of Shawarma breads (either pita bread/flour tortilla wraps).
- Take 1 of small sized Cabbage(cut into thin strips).
- Prepare 3 of medium sized Carrots(grated or cut into thin strips.
- Take 1 of large Cucumber(cut into thin strips&circles.
- Take 2 of big Tomatoes&1 medium sized Onions(cut into thin strips).
- Take of Ketchup and Mayonnaise.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable /olive oil(for stir frying).
Grilled beef shawarma recipe, and you get to mix your own shawarma spices. Serve it with warm pita and all the fixings for sandwich night (see suggestions below!) If you are familiar with Middle Eastern meat shawarma, you know that it is typically made of perfectly spiced layers of tender beef and lamb grilled on a large rotating spit. Place them into a bowl together with garlic, onion, black pepper, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt and toss well. Shawarma is thinly sliced meat that is marinated then cooked on a large rotating spit then shaved off into pita sandwiches with so many good things.
Steps to make Beef shawarma :
- In a pan, heat up a tablespoonful of oil. Add the marinated beef & stir fry until juicy and brown. Scoop unto a plate and set aside..
- Wash and strain the thin strip vegetables and set aside..
- Mix some mayonnaise and ketchup together(”mayo-ketch” spread)..
- If you are using a large pita bread) place the bread on a clean flat surface and cut into two equal sizes..
- But if using a very flat bread or tortilla wraps, simply, spread the ”mayo-ketch” on it and then fill it with the sliced vegetables and meat on one end and Sprinkle some chili pepper(optional);.
- Then fold the bread, tuck in the edge, and roll to form a shawarma wrap…yummyyyy!.
- Tip: if you want to warm it up a bit, place on a heated pan for 3 minutes(the closed edge facing the pan or use toothpicks). If you have a microwave or sandwich maker, feel free to use those too..
In homemade shawarma lean beef works very well. Tougher steak cuts like flank, skirt, sirloin and round are best for marinating long hours. This recipe has gone through a lot of tests and trials to get here. It's seasoned so well to be juicy, tangy, and full of spice (not the hot kind). This recipe will work with just about any meat but flap steak is great for beef shawarma since it has little crevices for the marinade to sit in.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food beef shawarma recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.