Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, whole wheat cornbread cottage pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook whole wheat cornbread cottage pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie :
- Get 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- Get 1/2 cup of water.
- Take 2 lbs of ground turkey (or any other ground meat).
- Prepare 1/2 packet of cornbread mix.
- Take 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Get 2 of eggs (or equivalent egg substitute).
- Make ready of cheese of your choice.
- Take of Barbecue sauce (optional).
- Get of vegetables of choice, I used long green beans.
Instructions to make Whole wheat Cornbread Cottage Pie :
- Start by browning and draining the grease out of your ground meat..
- Once meat is cooked, Mix together the cream of mushroom soup and water together, add to the mix. Continue to cook on low heat while preparing the rest..
- Mix together a half packet of cornbread mix with the whole wheat flour and eggs. Continue to add water and mix until cornbread mixture becomes the proper texture..
- Once all parts of the pie are prepared, lay the meat/mushroom mixture down in the cassarole dish first. Lay down your vegetables on top and than pour and evenly spread the cornbread mixture over top..
- Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 20-30mins or until your cornbread has become golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting into it..
- As this recipe tends to dry out slightly when left as leftovers, I recommend adding a dollop of barbecue sauce to the top on any portions that have been reheated..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food whole wheat cornbread cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.