To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. Here is how you cook it. For this lovely pie, sweet potatoes are boiled, peeled and mashed together with butter, sugar, milk and eggs, then seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon and People who have eaten sweet potato pie all their lives say this recipe is the best they have ever tasted.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, sandy's sweet potato pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sandy's sweet potato pie using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie :
- Take 2 1/2 of # Whole Sweet potatoes.
- Take 2 sticks of butter.
- Get 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Take 2 tsp of homemade vanilla extract. (1 large bottle 80 proof Moonshine, a good quantity of scraped vanilla sticks, steeped for 1-2 months.) Or, store-bought.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Make ready 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whole milk.
- Take 2 of prepared, uncooked pie crusts.
This homemade sweet potato pie is sweetened solely with dark brown sugar and flavored with warm fall spices, so you already know it's good! It sits atop a buttery homemade pie crust and is a true Southern favorite. Served with fresh whipped cream, this dessert definitely deserves a spot on your Thanksgiving menu. Mash the sweet potatoes using a potato masher until they are smooth.
Instructions to make Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie :
- Preheat oven to 350f..
- Boil unpeeled Sweet Potatoes for about 40 minutes..
- Strain, cool, peel, and place in a paddle mixer..
- Slowy mix until smooth and then add the butter..
- Blend in the butter and when well mixed, add the remaining ingredients..
- Blend until smooth and mixed..
- Pour into uncooked pie crust shells..
- Put into a preheated oven and cook for 57 minutes..
- Check for doneness cooking longer if needed, all depends on your oven..
- Remove from the oven to cool..
- When ready to serve, we like a good shot of Whipped Cream..
The Sweet Potato Pie is a southern tradition that is a thick, creamy and not-too-sweet desert. Recipe is very simple and quick to make. You can add various spices like cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg to sugar mixture to add a little spicy flavor. "An old-fashioned, deep south sweet potato pie that's creamy, delicious and full of flavor. Using brown butter and a hint of citrus to kick it up a notch without losing that old school flavor! Watch me make this southern sweet potato pie from start to finish!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food sandy's sweet potato pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.