Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, feast of seven fishes iii – smoked salmon smørrebrød. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have feast of seven fishes iii – smoked salmon smørrebrød using 39 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød :
- Prepare of Salmon, 6 Fillets Preferably Wild Caught.
- Take of Brine:.
- Prepare 2 kg of Water,.
- Prepare 75 g of Sea Salt,.
- Make ready 150 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Make ready 2 g of Mustard Seeds,.
- Prepare 2 g of Black Peppercorn,.
- Get 1 g of Fennel Seeds,.
- Prepare 6 of Cloves,.
- Prepare 4 g of Coriander Seeds,.
- Make ready 1 g of Pink Peppercorns,.
- Prepare Pinch of Chili Flakes,.
- Take 1/4 Inch of Cinnamon Stick,.
- Get 2 of Bay Leaves,.
- Prepare of Rub:.
- Make ready 5 g of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare 10 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Take 8 g of Black Pepper,.
- Take 5 g of Coriander Powder,.
- Get 1 g of Pink Peppercorns Freshly Ground,.
- Prepare Pinch of Chili Flakes,.
- Take Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- Take of Sauce:.
- Make ready 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream,.
- Take 1/2 TBSP of Wasabi / Horseradish,.
- Prepare Pinch of Fresh Dill Finely Chopped,.
- Get of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Get of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- Prepare of Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese 7 Spice), Pinch.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of Masago (Roe),.
- Take of Toast:.
- Get 12 Slices of Rye Bread,.
- Make ready of Unsalted Butter, 6 Spread.
- Take 6 of Figs,.
- Prepare of Masago (Roe), Sprinkle.
- Prepare Pinch of Nori Flakes,.
- Make ready 1 Handful of Fresh Dill,.
- Make ready of Sesame Oil, Drizzle.
- Prepare Pinch of White Pepper,.
Instructions to make Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød :
- You can use store-bought rye bread or you can check out my previous post for the recipe..
- Prepare the brine. Check for any bones on the salmon fillets. Wash and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. In a large container, combine all the ingredients together. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the salmon fillets. Cover with cling film or lid and chill in the fridge for 24 to 48 hrs..
- Prepare the rub. Combine everything together. You can grind the pink peppercorn in pestle & mortar or in a pepper milk. Set aside..
- Prepare the sauce. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. If you are using fresh wasabi or horseradish, grate them freshly. I am just using store-bought wasabi. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use..
- Smoking the salmon. After in the brine for 24 or 48 hrs, Remove the salmon fillets from the brine. Place them on a wire cooling rack. Pat dry with a kitchen towel or paper on both sides. Sprinkle the rub onto the salmon fillets, both sides too. Prepare your smoker as per the instructions manual. I am using Nordic Ware's Personal Size Stovetop Kettle Smoker. If you have a outdoor grill and smoker, it will be awesome too..
- Assembling the toast. Spread butter onto the rye bread slices, on 1 side only. You can toast this in a toaster or a skillet, but I decided to smoke the rye bread, buttered side down. Why not infuse all the flavors from the salmon 1 last time? Once the bread has been toasted or smoked, transfer onto serving plates, buttered side down..
- Spread the sauce onto the bread. You can slice the salmon and lay onto the bread. But I decided to flake them into pieces and place them one by one overlapping one another to sorta create like a fish scales effect. Place the figs on top of the salmon. Sprinkle some masago, nori flakes and dill over the top. Lastly, drizzle sesame oil over the top. Serve immediately..
- For the full detailed recipe video: www.instagram.com/tv/CILIPA9lNDg/.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food feast of seven fishes iii – smoked salmon smørrebrød recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.