The bottom layer of this two-tier chocolate cake is covered with mocha icing, while the top is blanketed with ganache. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. It's super moist, rich and full of chocolate.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, vegan chocolate cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vegan chocolate cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Vegan chocolate cake is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook vegan chocolate cake using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan chocolate cake :
- Get of Cake.
- Get 240 ml of plant based milk.
- Get 15 ml of white vinegar.
- Prepare 240 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 315 g of white sugar.
- Get 100 g of cacao powder.
- Get 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 240 ml of unsweetened applesauce.
- Prepare 120 ml of freshly brewed espresso.
- Make ready 120 ml of coconut oil, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Get of Frosting.
- Make ready 112 g of unsalted plant-based butter, softened.
- Make ready 25 g of cacao powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 120 g of powdered sugar.
- Make ready 60 ml of unsweetened plant-based milk.
- Take 60 ml of dairy-free dark chocolate, melted.
- Make ready of Decorations.
- Get of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.
- Prepare leaves of mint.
- Get of nuts.
This is really a classic vegan chocolate cake in the sense that it's light and fluffy and…well, spongey! It's also rich, tall (two layers), dark and pretty damn handsome too! Not to mention velvety and chocolatey. A simple vegan chocolate cake, made with basic ingredients and perfect for any occasion.
Steps to make Vegan chocolate cake :
- To a medium bowl, add the milk and vinegar, and give it a mix. You will see it starts to curdle, by doing this we are creating a vegan buttermilk..
- Place a sieve over a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients through it. Mix together. To the same large bowl, add the buttermilk and all wet ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps left, but make sure to not over mix..
- Grease a (20 cm) round cake pan with oil and line the bottom with a cut-out round piece of parchment paper. Put in the cake batter and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes at 180°C..
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. To a large bowl, add the butter, sift in the cacao powder, and add the vanilla, and mix with an electric or hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Alternate between adding sifted powdered sugar and plant-based milk to the bowl, until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in the melted chocolate, make sure to let it cool off a little bit before adding..
- Once your cake is done baking, let it cool off for 10 minutes in the cake pan before transferring to a cooling rack to let it cool off completely. If you like, you can level your cake with a serrated knife to create a flat surface for stacking the cakes on top of each other..
- Using a spatula or butter knife, spread out a thick layer of frosting on one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top and frost with the leftover frosting, you can even create a pattern if you like. Decorate the chocolate cake with berries of your choice and some mint leaves, and enjoy!.
- Notes Storage: best if enjoyed immediately. The cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Variations: top the cake with any fruits of your choice, or add some nuts for example..
This vegan cake is a good recipe to have on hand any time you need to make a basic chocolate cake. And very simple to make, some vegan cakes require an awful lot of expensive ingredients. A* for taste, ease and texture!" – Natasha ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Best vegan cake recipe ever! I made mine into cupcakes and subbed the vegan butter for vegetable oil and it came out perfect! Add the vegan buttermilk, vanilla, oil, vinegar and applesauce and mix in.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food vegan chocolate cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.