Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Place the pie crust over the chicken and vegetable mixture and carefully seal along the edges of the skillet with your fingers. Filled with shredded chicken, peas, carrots, corn, and creamy gravy and wrapped in a flakey golden pie crust.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, skillet chicken pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook skillet chicken pot pie using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Skillet Chicken Pot Pie :
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked diced chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- Make ready 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Get 2 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery diced.
- Get 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Make ready 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Take 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Take 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Get 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 8 of Pillsbury grands biscuits.
Whisk in the milk until smooth, then add chicken, frozen peas and carrots, potato, and cream. Stir until fully mixed and bubbling. Transfer the chicken to a plate. The Epic Comfort of Chicken Pot Pie, Any Night of the Week.
Instructions to make Skillet Chicken Pot Pie :
- In cast iron skillet heat oil and melt butter medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and thyme and cook until veggies are soft..
- Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Blend in flour and cook another minute..
- Whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream stirring constantly until thickened..
- Stir in chicken, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Add peas and parsley and mix well. Top with biscuits and cook in oven at 400 for about 20 minutes..
As hearty as the most labor-intensive of Sunday suppers, this super fast skillet chicken pot pie recipe is all bang, no buck. This chicken pot pie recipe is a typical chicken pot pie base, with onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. A creamy sauce is made by adding in the flour, thyme, chicken, stock, a little half n half or milk, and some frozen peas – then topping the chicken mixture with some refrigerated biscuits. A simple egg wash, and you're ready to bake! Skillet Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie A creamy, chicken and vegetable studded filling is topped with biscuit pieces and baked until bubbly and golden brown.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food skillet chicken pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.