Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, faux grits ☆ grain free porridge. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook faux grits ☆ grain free porridge using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge :
- Make ready 1 cup of quinoa rinsed.
- Get of additional 1 1/2 cups water or milk.
- Prepare of keep those separate ^.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of quinoa rinsed.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of ground flax.
- Get 1/8 cup of chia seeds.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- Get 1/2-1 cup of sweetener raw sugar, honey, or stevia blend etc.
- Take 4 cups of water or milk.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Steps to make Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge :
- I chose honey as my sweetener. Since it is raw I waited to add it until the end when the whole pot has cooled to a warm temperature. If added when hot it kills the live cultures in the honey and that defeats the health benefits..
- In a separate pot cook 1 cup quinoa with the 1.5 cups of liquid. Bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to simmer place a lid on cook for 7-12mins..
- The rest of the ingredients place in a blender and add 3 of the 4 cups of water or milk. Blend well..
- Place blended ingredients plus the last cup of liquid in a pot and cook on low heat until it thickens. Takes 5-15min.
- Watch porridge and stir while cooking or it will stick to thy bottom and scorch..
- Once quinoa is cooked dump in pot with blended ingredients.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit. Or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Or vanilla. Or nuts. And or a tablespoon of coconut or butter.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food faux grits ☆ grain free porridge recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.