Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, faux grits ☆ grain free porridge. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have faux grits ☆ grain free porridge using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge :
- Get 1 cup of quinoa rinsed.
- Prepare of additional 1 1/2 cups water or milk.
- Make ready of keep those separate ^.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of quinoa rinsed.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of ground flax.
- Get 1/8 cup of chia seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- Make ready 1/2-1 cup of sweetener raw sugar, honey, or stevia blend etc.
- Get 4 cups of water or milk.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Instructions to make Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge :
- I chose honey as my sweetener. Since it is raw I waited to add it until the end when the whole pot has cooled to a warm temperature. If added when hot it kills the live cultures in the honey and that defeats the health benefits..
- In a separate pot cook 1 cup quinoa with the 1.5 cups of liquid. Bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to simmer place a lid on cook for 7-12mins..
- The rest of the ingredients place in a blender and add 3 of the 4 cups of water or milk. Blend well..
- Place blended ingredients plus the last cup of liquid in a pot and cook on low heat until it thickens. Takes 5-15min.
- Watch porridge and stir while cooking or it will stick to thy bottom and scorch..
- Once quinoa is cooked dump in pot with blended ingredients.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit. Or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Or vanilla. Or nuts. And or a tablespoon of coconut or butter.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food faux grits ☆ grain free porridge recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.