And yes, it's a fish cake museum! Kamaboko, chikuwa, and other fish cakes are very commonly eaten in Japan. Chikuwa is a traditional Japanese fish cake shaped like a tube.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, striped chikuwa fishcake sticks (bento or appetizer). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Striped Chikuwa Fishcake Sticks (Bento or Appetizer) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Striped Chikuwa Fishcake Sticks (Bento or Appetizer) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have striped chikuwa fishcake sticks (bento or appetizer) using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Striped Chikuwa Fishcake Sticks (Bento or Appetizer) :
- Prepare 6 stick of Chikuwa.
- Take 4 slice of Sliced cheese.
- Take 1 of the same size as the cheese Nori seaweed.
Usually, it is served along with beer but also perfect for Bento lunch box! Drain them on a rack or a sheet of clean paper towel. Oden (おでん) is a popular Japanese one-pot stew (nabemono) that features a variety of fish cake products in dashi based broth. These fish cakes are called Nerimono (練り物) in Japanese.
Steps to make Striped Chikuwa Fishcake Sticks (Bento or Appetizer) :
- Stick the cheese on top of the nori seaweed, and cut into 6 equal portions..
- Stack up 4 slices of the nori seaweed and cheese for each portion, and cut in half lengthwise..
- Cut the chikuwa in half as well, stuff the cheese inside, and cut in half once more diagonally..
- If you are not able to stuff the cheese in well. Slicing open the tube of the chikuwa with a knife and sticking the nori seaweed and cheese inside is also okay. The chikuwa is firm enough to retain its round shape..
- Another Cookpad member told me that by "rolling the chikuwa with a rolling pin and stretching it vertically and horizontally, the chikuwa will become soft, and it will be easier to stick the cheese inside!!".
- Try sticking the nori seaweed and cheese from Step 2 into the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden before sticking it inside the chikuwa… Why not give it a try?.
- Thinly spreading wasabi out on the nori seaweed in Step 1 is delicious!!.
Oden is a dish name but it sometimes also refers to the assortment of fish cakes used in the stew. Chikuwa is a grilled fish cake that has a toasty flavor. It is shaped into a long, cylindrical tube that is hollow on the inside. Chikuwa is often added to Japanese stew such as oden and used as an ingredient in dishes such as chikuwa tempura or sauteed chikuwa in kabayaki sauce. Served with choice of soup or salad, chef's appetizer, rice and California roll.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food striped chikuwa fishcake sticks (bento or appetizer) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.