Biscuits and gravy with sausage is one of the ultimate comfort food meals, and now you can whip them up quickly to please a crowd with our Sausage Biscuits and Gravy Casserole. That means you can spend more time with your family, and more time eating. We like to chop the bacon before frying, but you can also fry it up and then crumble it.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, sausage gravy tot casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have sausage gravy tot casserole using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole :
- Take 2 lb of mild pork sausage.
- Get 3 cup of milk.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen tater tots.
- Make ready 16 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Get 1 dash of black pepper, to taste..
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden. Mix water and gravy mix together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces, then layer shredded cheese over sausage.
Steps to make Sausage Gravy Tot Casserole :
- In medium dutch oven pot, brown sausage until no longer pink..
- Once sausage is browned, do not drain grease. Add flour to create a thick roux..
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Then add water, continuing to stir..
- Season with black pepper..
- Let come to a slow boil, and gravy will begin to thicken. Do not let it burn..
- Once thick, remove from heat. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, ladle all of the gravy into bottom of dish. Layer in a single layer the frozen tots on top of the gravy. Top with cheese..
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and tots are crispy. Serve and enjoy!.
Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers. Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything. Mix until well blended with a spoon. If you like your cheese cooked well (I do), add the shredded cheese to the top of the casserole ingredients. Put tater tots evenly on the top of the crescent rolls.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food sausage gravy tot casserole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.