Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, instant pot sambar. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Instant Pot Sambar is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Instant Pot Sambar is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook instant pot sambar using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Sambar :
- Take 1 1/2 cup of Toor Dal (Yellow Split Pigeon Peas).
- Get 1 of Bottlegourd.
- Make ready 3 of Drumsticks.
- Make ready 6 cups of Water.
- Take 1/2 cup of Oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Methi Powder.
- Prepare of Asafoetida (Pinch).
- Take 3 of Whole Red Bedgi Chillies (Broken into halves).
- Prepare 4-5 of Long Green Chillies (Cut into halves and Slited).
- Get 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of small Onions (Chopped lengthwise).
- Take 2 of Tomatoes (Chopped).
- Get 2-3 tbsp of Sambar Powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Coriander Powder.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Take of Salt (As required).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Tamarind Pulp.
Steps to make Instant Pot Sambar :
- Wash the dal nicely till the water runs clear. Add water and keep aside. Remove the skin of bottlegourd. Wash nicely. Cut into small pieces and add to dal water. Clean and cut the drumsticks. Wash nicely and add to the dal water and set aside..
- Using an Instant Pot, with the top off, select 'Saute' to pre-heat the cooker. When 'Hot' appears on the display, add the oil to the cooking pot. Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add methi powder, asafoetida, whole red chillies. Add green chillies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Add onions and saute till the onions turn light golden brown..
- Add the tomatoes and salt and cook till the tomatoes are soft and mushy..
- Add all the powdered spices ie. turmeric powder, sambar powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and saute for a minute. Add little water and saute..
- Add the dal, vegetables and water and saute till it comes to a boil..
- Cancel 'Saute'. Close and lock the lid. Turn the steam valve to 'Sealed'. Select 'Pressure Cool or 'Manual'. Keep the pressure on 'High'. Adjust the time button to set 15 minutes of pressure cooking time. When the beep sounds, use a natural release pressure (approx. 20 minutes). When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid..
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve and enjoy immediately or keep the Pot on 'Keep Warm' to enjoy later..
- Serve over hot steamed rice with salad, papad, pickle or any side dish..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food instant pot sambar recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.