Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, filipino beef curry. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Filipino beef curry is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Filipino beef curry is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have filipino beef curry using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino beef curry :
- Make ready 500 g of beef brisket, cut into large cubes.
- Make ready 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Get 6 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Make ready 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, cut into small matchsticks.
- Make ready 2 of heap tbsp curry powder.
- Get 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Make ready 1-400 ml of can coconut milk.
- Get 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- Make ready 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of large waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 cm chunks.
Instructions to make Filipino beef curry :
- In a bowl, toss the beef with the yogurt and a large pinch of salt. Cover and let marinate in the fridge from 4 hours to overnight..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Remove the meat from the marinade and wipe off as much of the yogurt as you can. Sear the meat in the pan until all sides are well-browned..
- Add the garlic, onion, and ginger to the pan. Let fry for 2 minutes, then add the curry powder and paprika. Let fry another 2 minutes..
- Add the coconut milk, palm sugar, bay leaves and potatoes to the pan, along with 2 cups water. Add a good pinch of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours until the meat is tender. Add water as needed to keep the meat mostly submerged..
- Once the meat is fork tender, turn the heat back up to medium-high and remove the bay leaves. Let simmer until the sauce is reduced and thick. Serve with freshly steamed rice..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food filipino beef curry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.