Shortbread Cookie Tips Should you sift flour when making shortbread? We recommend sifting flour for all baked goods to break up any clumps. It's especially a good idea in this easy cookie recipe that has just three ingredients.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, traditional shortbread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Traditional Shortbread is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Traditional Shortbread is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook traditional shortbread using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional Shortbread :
- Get 25 of p grams of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 cup) of icing sugar, sifted.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cups of plain flour.
- Take 1/4 cup of rice flour.
If you don't have a sifter, use an electric mixer or try using a balloon whisk or strainer to sift! Why is my shortbread too soft? In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually add flour and mix well. (Dough will be crumbly).
Instructions to make Traditional Shortbread :
- Beat butter and icing sugadin a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffg. Sift in flours, combine well with a wooden spoon..
- Press dough inti a ball. Knead lightly untik smooth. Pat dough into a 23 cn round, about 1 cm thick, on greased baking tray..
- Score into fingers or wedges. Pierce with fork. Bake at 140°c for 35-40 minites or until set and browned..
- Cool on trays for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. When almost cool. Cut througg line into pieces (try using a bread knife in a sawing motion for neat pieces). Cool shortbread completely. Store in an airthight container..
- Note: dough can be rolled out and cut into small rounds or bars, cut with scone or biscuit cutters or pressed into wooden shortbread or butter moulds, as desired. Reduce baking times is cooking smaller pieces..
The shortbread can be shaped before or after cooking, and most traditional recipes call for discs, squares, petticoat tails (triangular pizza-shaped slices made out of a big circle), or thick rectangular fingers. Pat the shortbread into the pan and cut after baking or roll it and cut the dough in the preferred shape. Add flour and mix till texture is like clay. Shortbread traditionally has some sort of decoration on it, which both makes it look pretty and allows steam to escape for even baking. You can decorate however you'd like!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food traditional shortbread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.