Pour melted shortening/butter over each biscuit. Grandma's Old Fashioned Biscuits A light buttermilk biscuit made the old fashioned way. With jam, these biscuits are sure to please anyone hankering for a snack and they're great for sopping up gravy or with eggs in the morning.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, my grans special biscuits!. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
My grans special biscuits! is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. My grans special biscuits! is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook my grans special biscuits! using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make My grans special biscuits! :
- Prepare 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 75 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 175 g of butter (unsalted).
The best way to eat these biscuits is with country white gravy made with lard and pork drippings (that can be ham, pork chops, sausage, etc.) or with jelly or sorghum molasses. About that special biscuit: all those odd edges make a particularly crispy surface. Using a biscuit cutter, cut dough into biscuits. Place cut biscuits in the prepared pan.
Instructions to make My grans special biscuits! :
- Pre heat oven 160c, prepare baking tray with baking paper on..
- Mix four and sugar in bowl, then rub in butter (room temperature)..
- Using a wooden spoon keep mixing until all bound together, keep kneading, put all onto floured board and have a rolling pin ready..
- Make a big ball shape and roll out to about 1cm – 1.5cm thick, using a cookie cutter make shapes and pop all shapes onto baking tray…. sprinkle with sugar….
- Add to middle shelf in oven, bake until a light golden brown. About 15/18 minutes. Leave to cool on cooling rack..
Pour melted shortening/butter over each biscuit. Homemade bread and biscuits are my favorite thing in the whole world. That's right, you are only going to need heavy cream and self-raising flour to make these delicious, flakey biscuits. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food my grans special biscuits! recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.