The dough enveloping this mix of tart apples and sweet, salted caramel is part puff pastry, part pie dough. So while there's just enough butter to form flaky layers of pastry, there's also a bit of sour cream to guarantee moisture. These salted caramel apple hand pies are perfect for a dessert bar!
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, salted carmel apple hand pies. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have salted carmel apple hand pies using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies :
- Get of the dough.
- Make ready 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of – 2 sticks cold unsalted butter – cut in cubes.
- Take 1/2 cup of cold sour cream.
- Take of the filling.
- Make ready 2 cup of granny smith apples ( should be chopped no larger than the size of a corn kernel. I chopped mine real fine )..
- Get 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of all-purpose flour.
- Get 8 of -store bought soft carmels -roughly chopped.
- Get 1 large of flake salt.
- Take 1 of egg wash ( 1 egg , 1 Tbsp. water).
- Take 1 of crystal sanding sugar.
Sweet cinnamon apples and homemade salted caramel sauce all bundled up in flakey pie crust. A dessert bar is one of my favorite ways to serve up sweets for holiday get-togethers. Everyone gets a little bit of everything and you can do it pot-luck style. Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies are a delicious, individually-portioned dessert.
Steps to make Salted Carmel Apple Hand Pies :
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder. Add cubed butter to the bowl & use fingers to work the butter into the flour mixture is the constistency of wet sand.Stir in sour cream. ( the dough might be very wet) turn dough out on a well floured surface..
- Knead the dough a few times till it comes together. Add .more flour 1 teaspoon at a time only if it is to sticky. Roll the dough 8x 10 retangle . Dust with flour on both sides folding intoThirds. As folding a letter. Rotate dough 90º and roll again 8×10 folding into thirds. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes..
- MAKE FILLING: In a small bowl combine Apples , lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon.mix together. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 425º. Roll dough 14"x14" square. If dough is hard . Let warm up a little.Using a 3" cookie cutter or cup. Cut as many circles as possible. Reroll dough. Keep cutting till you run out of dough. I got enough for 11 pies..
- Spoon a small amount of filling in center of each leaving a border. Top with some chopped caramels. A pinch of salt. Crimp with a fork to seal edges. Brush each pie with egg wash. With a sharp knife cut a couple vents in the top. Sprinkle with sanding sugar..
- Bake pies 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven . Allow to cool a little before serving..
These pies have a tender, flaky all-butter pie dough and are filled with cinnamon apples and rich caramel. There is nothing like warm apple pie during the fall. Brush each pie with the egg wash, and using a sharp knife, cut two or three vents on the top of each pie. Sprinkle the pies with crystal sanding sugar (optional). In a small bowl, combine the diced apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, sugar and flour.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food salted carmel apple hand pies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.