Scald milk (heat it to just below boiling), and pour it over the butter; stir to mix well. Combine bread and raisins in large bowl. Place bread cubes onto baking sheet.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, old fashioned bread pudding, shortcut. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Old fashioned bread pudding, shortcut is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Old fashioned bread pudding, shortcut is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook old fashioned bread pudding, shortcut using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Old fashioned bread pudding, shortcut :
- Get 8 slices of bread (I used a seeded granary bread).
- Take 4 of heaped Tbls mincemeat (I bought mine after Xmas for 30p!).
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Take 450 ml of black tea (I used 3 tea bags).
- Prepare of Sugar (to sprinkle at the end).
Combine toasted bread cubes and raisins in prepared casserole; set aside. Combine all remaining pudding ingredients in. Originally designed to make the use of stale or leftover bread, this pudding isn't to be confused with it's lighter airier cousin Bread and Butter Pudding. This is the ugly stepsister of said pudding, It is stodgy, somewhat heavy, and stogged full of dried fruits and spices.
Steps to make Old fashioned bread pudding, shortcut :
- Brew tea bags in 450ml boiling water and allow to cool..
- Break up bread. Place in baking dish. Add tea. Mix well. Allow to sit for 10 minutes..
- Finally add egg and mincemeat and stir thoroughly. Spread out smoothly..
- Bake in preheated oven at 175°c for about 35 minutes..
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle with sugar, allow to cool and cut into portions..
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea..
Old Fashioned Bread Pudding Ah, old fashioned bread pudding. A dessert born out of economics and the need to use up stale bread, turned into a delectable, delicious plate of total comfort. You cannot consume a slice of this and help but feel like you just got a big ole hug. And I just so happened to have a half a loaf of French bread leftover. The bread pudding will come out a little jiggly but will firm up a bit.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food old fashioned bread pudding, shortcut recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.