My sun dried tomato hummus begins with just a few simple ingredients, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chickpeas, and of course, good sun dried tomatoes. You'll want to use a good blender, like this Blendtec, or food processor to make the smoothest and creamiest hummus recipe. Perfect for Snacking: Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus You're probably familiar with hummus, the healthy bean dip that's often served with pita bread.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, sun dried tomato hummus. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Sun Dried Tomato Hummus is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have sun dried tomato hummus using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sun Dried Tomato Hummus :
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas, drained (or dry ones soaked overnight).
- Get 1-2 cloves of garlic.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped (if they are in oil rather than dry, drain the tomatoes first).
- Make ready 1/4 cup of tahini (sesame paste).
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon (for squeezing fresh juice).
- Make ready Pinch of salt.
- Get 2-3 tbsps of olive oil.
- Get of water.
Adding sun-dried tomatoes to a homemade hummus recipe adds a bit of texture and color and a whole lot of flavor. Making homemade hummus is so easy―just dump everything in the blender or food processor, and process until it's smooth. Hummus is a naturally vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free food. Put chickpeas, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, tahini, lemon juice, tomato paste, some salt and smoked paprika into a food processor or blender and process until well combined and smooth.
Steps to make Sun Dried Tomato Hummus :
- In a blender, place 1 can of drained chickpeas, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes (roughly chopped), 3 tbsps of tahini, 2 tbsps of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tbsps of olive oil and a pinch of salt..
- Mix until you obtain a smooth paste (gradually add some water to obtain a creamy texture). Taste and adjust as necessary – add more garlic for more spiciness, lemon juice for an extra zing or tahini paste for a stronger sesame taste..
- Serve directly or store covered in the fridge for up to 1 week..
Add more oil, lemon juice or tomato paste if needed. Serve with a drizzle of oil and diced sun-dried tomatoes on the top. To make sundried tomato hummus, add chickpeas, sesame seeds, sundried tomatoes, water, garlic and salt to a blender. Roasted broccoli and sun-dried tomato hummus are a perfect pair! These toasts make a great appetizer or meal.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food sun dried tomato hummus recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.