It is enjoyed by millions every day. Ohio Sauerkraut Pie Hey everyone, it's Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we're going to make a special dish, ohio sauerkraut pie.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, ohio sauerkraut pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ohio Sauerkraut Pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Ohio Sauerkraut Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook ohio sauerkraut pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ohio Sauerkraut Pie :
- Make ready 2 of nine inch, single, pie crusts (homemade or frozen is fine).
- Get 1/2 cup of Sauerkraut.
- Take 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), softened.
- Get 2 cup of sugar.
- Take 5 large of eggs, well beaten.
- Get 1 cup of milk.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grits (minute).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. Ohio Sauerkraut Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. Drain the kraut, and rinse thoroughly under cold water.
Steps to make Ohio Sauerkraut Pie :
- Preheat your oven to 350°F..
- Drain the kraut, and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Squeeze the kraut dry..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer for about a minute..
- Add eggs, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla and blend well..
- Whisk the grits and flour in a small bowl, combining well. Add to the egg mixture and blend well. Fold the kraut into the final mixture..
- Pour the mixture into the pie crusts and bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean..
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer for about a minute. Add eggs, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla and blend well.. In a large bowl, mix milk, well drained chopped sauerkraut, brown and white sugars, eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Place pie crust in a deep dish glass pie plate and crimp edges the way you like. Cut a parchment circle to fit the bottom of the crust and top with pie weights.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food ohio sauerkraut pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.