We used store-bought filo, the kind we have used to make spanakopitakia, bougatsa and mini apple pies to wrap up a gently spiced and full of flavour meat mixture. These mini meat pies are the perfect way to highlight the amazing texture and flavour of quality ground beef and would make an amazing appetizer or meze. Cook over medium heat until meat has browned.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, filo meat pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Filo meat pie is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Filo meat pie is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook filo meat pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Filo meat pie :
- Make ready 500-600 g of minced meat (beef or lamb).
- Take 1 of large onion.
- Get 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- Get 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Prepare 0.5-1 tablespoon of oregano.
- Get 2 of eggs.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- Get 600 g of filo pastry sheets.
- Get of Olive oil.
- Get 1 cup of fizzy water.
- Take of Pastry brush.
Season the prepared milk and egg mixture with salt and pepper and pour evenly over the pie. It should turn a nice golden brown. This Greek recipe for a luscious meat-filled phyllo pie is one of the most beloved dishes of the Ionian island of Cephalonia. Three different ground meats, Greek cheese, and warm spices turn this phyllo classic into a rich, filling pie that can be served as easily as a Greek meze as it can a main course.
Instructions to make Filo meat pie :
- Finely the onions and garlic. I sometimes put them in food processor to add the taste but avoid onion texture in the pie..
- Brown onion and garlic until golden, taking care not to burn. Add minced meat and rest of the spices. Mix well and cook until meat is done. Taste and add more spices if needed..
- Set aside to cool and then add 2 eggs, mixing well..
- Prepare filo by taking it out of the box and covering with a moist tea towel so it doesn’t dry. Add a cup / bowl of olive oil and fizzy water..
- Oil the baking pan (round or square). Layer 3-4 sheets of file on the bottom, oiling each layer with a pastry brush. You can lay out beetle or ruffle the sheets, which will have an uneven effect when our is cut..
- Sprinkle 3-4 spoons of filling on top. Cover with another filo sheet and sprinkle fizzy water. Add another layer of filling, followed by a filo sheet, and then oil well with pastry brush. Repeat the process until the pie is no more than 5-7 cm thick..
- Add 1-2 additional sheets of filo, oiling between the layers. Make sure that edges of the pie are piled well, otherwise the pie will be dry when baked. Pierce the pie with a fork 5 or 6 times to help baking. Cover with aluminium foil..
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. Bake the pie until edges start to brown, approximately 25-30’. Remove aluminium foil and bake for another 10-15 min or until the top is golden and crisp..
- Serve with soup, salad or as an appetiser. It’s also very tasty cold so it’s brilliant for leftovers..
Transfer the meat mixture to the pie dish and spread the meat evenly. A delicious filling with ground beef and pork is wrapped in some phyllo in this traditional recipe. This pie is also ideal for a quick lunch. This Mediterranean minced meat pie is the perfect recipe for a Sunday dinner, not only because it's so delicious, but because the next day you can take any leftovers to the office for lunch! In a large saucepan, coat bottom of pan with olive oil and add ground beef (and mushrooms, if using).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food filo meat pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.