In England (and Australia and New Zealand) they would call the beef dish a "cottage pie" and the lamb dish "shepherd's pie". Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, shepherd's pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shepherd's pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Shepherd's pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have shepherd's pie using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie :
- Prepare 1cksp of sunflower/vegetable oil.
- Take 1 of large onion.
- Get 2-3 of carrots.
- Take 1 of Green/yellow bell peppers.
- Take 500 g of pack lamb/beef mince.
- Make ready 1cksp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 100g of potato,cut into chunks.
- Take 2tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 1/2cup of milk.
- Prepare 100g of Cheese(Parmesan or mozzarella).
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. A common casserole that originated in the UK, a shepherd's pie is that all-in-one meal that includes richly seasoned beef, vegetables, and a lovely light mashed potato topping.
Steps to make Shepherd's pie :
- Heat the oil in a pan, then soften the onion, peppers and carrots for a few mins. When soft, turn up the heat, crumble in the lamb/meat and brown, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée, season to taste then cover and cook..
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 160C/ gas, then make the mash. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with the butter, cheese and milk..
- Put the mince sauce into an ovenproof dish, top with the mash and ruffle with a fork. Bake for 20-25 mins until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling through at the edges. Sprinkle cheese on top. Leave to stand for 5 mins before serving..
Some have cheese, others include diced potatoes, and still, some have a variety of meats, but this is the one and only classic that my family begs me to make. This shepherd's pie features the traditional minced lamb, but from there the recipe takes things in a sweet-and-savory direction. "This is a Moroccan take on shepherd's pie," says Maryam. "With lamb and turmeric simmered with cinnamon, raisins, and sweet potato. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream. Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash until.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food shepherd's pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.