Kerry, we must be dreaming the same desserts! I've been craving Lemon Meringue Pie! I froze some tartlet shells after having a bit of spare pastry and I've been mulling over what to make with them, erring to lemon and meringue.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, kerry's easy as pie lemon meringue. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kerry's Easy as Pie Lemon Meringue is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Kerry's Easy as Pie Lemon Meringue is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook kerry's easy as pie lemon meringue using 4 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerry's Easy as Pie Lemon Meringue :
- Make ready 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of castor sugar.
- Prepare 1 of tin condensed milk.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
I think it may be my most favourite dessert in the universe! Rachel Vagabond Baker recently posted…The Bamboo Train. Mix cookie crumbs and butter until well blended. When it comes to dessert for spring, it should be as easy as PIE!
Steps to make Kerry's Easy as Pie Lemon Meringue :
- line greased pie dish with shortbread pastry and blind bake at 180ºC. set aside (can use any crust but I prefer making my own shortbread).
- pre-heat oven to 160ºC.
- separate eggs.
- beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed (must be able to turn bowl over without the eggs falling out).
- slowly add castor sugar.
- beat until glossy.
- set aside.
- beat egg yolks.
- add tin of condensed milk and beat.
- add lemon juice and beat.
- mixture will thicken.
- pour mixture into ready pastry crust.
- spoon on meringue and distribute evenly.
- bake for 25-30 mins.
- take out and allow to cool before refrigerating.
- if you refrigerate too soon the meringue will soften.
Yep, pies are that wonderfully light dessert that you can just whip up without so much hassle most times. Spoon meringue over the top while filling is still hot. The meringue should completely cover the lemon mixture. Spread the meringue on top of the lemon filling in the pie shell, sealing carefully around the edge of the pie shell. Remove from the oven and let cool.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food kerry's easy as pie lemon meringue recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.