About Beef Medallions Medallions are basically small round steaks. Occasionally, you may see medallions that come from other cuts, such as the strip loin. Typically, however, beef medallions come from the tenderloin, which is a cut most commonly used for filet mignon.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, beef medallions & cruciferous vegetables. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef medallions & cruciferous vegetables is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Beef medallions & cruciferous vegetables is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have beef medallions & cruciferous vegetables using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef medallions & cruciferous vegetables :
- Get 500 gms of lean beef fillet medallions.
- Prepare 1 cup of broccoli florets.
- Take 1 cup of cauliflower florets.
- Take 1 stalk of green onion.
- Get 1 inch of fresh ginger.
- Take 2 of medium sized garlic cloves.
- Get 1 of green habanero chilli.
- Get 3 tbls of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbls of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 2 tbls of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 5-6 of fresh thai basil leaves (chopped).
Cover with ample ground course salt and pepper. Place tournedos (fillets), putting them down away from you, one by one, into the pan. It usually comes in two forms: A grilling medallion is cut from top sirloin, rib eye or strip loin. In a medium skillet, melt a tablespooon of butter over med-high heat.
Instructions to make Beef medallions & cruciferous vegetables :
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the ginger, garlic and habanero to form a paste.
- In a bowl, add the beef medallions, garlic, ginger & habanero chilli mixture, tamarind paste and soy sauce. Mix well to combine. Allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- In a heavy skillet pan, heat the oil over high heat until hot..
- Sear the beef medallions on both sides (for about 1-2 minutes each side)..
- Add the soy sauce to the leftover marinade and pour over the beef medallions. Stir to combine.
- Immediately add the broccoli and cauliflower florets and allow to cook for a further minute or two until the beef cooks to your liking. You can adjust the time when to add the vegetables depending on how you prefer your beef to be cooked. In this recipe, the beef will be medium-well done..
- Finally, add in the chopped green onions and stir to combine..
- Turn the heat off, sprinkle the thai basil and cover the dish until serving time. The heat from the dish itself will allow the thai basil flavour to come out without being cooked.
- Serve warm with a simple white rice or with baked potatoes..
After browning remove each tenderloin from pan and keep warm. Add remaining butter to skillet, and when melted, add mushrooms and shallots. Medallions of Beef with Red Wine Reduction is easy and fast and a beautiful cut for a romantic dinner – and the wine reduction is silky, smooth and glossy. These are a great way to use scrappier parts of Beef Tenderloin or small filets, but this method might save a cheap steak, too. Elegant and easy, Sautéed Sirloin Medallions with Pearl Onion Red Wine Sauce is quickly made in a skillet.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food beef medallions & cruciferous vegetables recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.