Surnoli is a traditional breakfast recipe of south canara,it is also called as bread dosa or buttermilk dosa. This is usually prepared if you have left over buttermilk or curds in excess. Usually we make this by adding jaggery.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, surnoli: (bread dosa/ buttermilk dosa). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Surnoli: (Bread dosa/ Buttermilk dosa) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Surnoli: (Bread dosa/ Buttermilk dosa) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have surnoli: (bread dosa/ buttermilk dosa) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Surnoli: (Bread dosa/ Buttermilk dosa) :
- Prepare 3 cups of Dosa rice.
- Take 2 tsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of Beaten rice /poha.
- Make ready to taste of Salt.
- Get 2 cups of Buttermilk /curd.
- Make ready 1/2 of Coconut (Grated ) or 2 fists full.
- Make ready 1 Tsp of Eno fruit salt each (for sweet/normal version).
- Take To taste of Grated jaggery or (2 to 3tbl spoon) (For sweeter version).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder (for sweeter version).
Surnoli is a traditional breakfast recipe of south canara; it is also called as bread dosa or buttermilk dosa. This is usually prepared if you have left over buttermilk or curds in excess. Usually we make this by adding jaggery. Here I am giving both sweet and normal dosa version.
Steps to make Surnoli: (Bread dosa/ Buttermilk dosa) :
- Wash dosa rice, fenugreek and beaten rice twice; discard water. Pour curds and soak this for 3 to 4 hours..
- Grind this in to a smooth paste by adding coconut and salt to an idly batter consistency (little thicker than normal dosa) If buttermilk is very sour add milk while grinding or else you can add water too (if batter is too thick).
- Now divide this batter into two, take out one portion of batter into a steel vessel in which you keep it for fermenting. This is our normal dosa batter. For sweeter version, add turmeric and jaggery to the mixer jar and grind until it is homogenous. Remove this batter to another vessel and keep it for fermentation..
- Next day morning add 1 tsp. Eno fruit salt to both the batter and leave it aside for 10 min. Make a dosa by pouring one serving spoon of the batter on hot iron griddle, don’t spread. You will see thousands of holes on upper surface, smear with butter and cook this in a low flame by closing it with a lid. Cook this dosa only on one side and don’t flip..
- Spongy bread dosa is ready to serve and indulge in it with homemade butter or any chutney. Here I have served this with Onion-coconut chutney and Brinjal -drumstick sambar..
Surnali is a type of sweet dosa which is prepared by grinding rice with poha, grated coconut, buttermilk, and jaggery. It is an authentic South Canara breakfast dish. Usually, most people prefer the sweet version of surnali or surnoli, which is served with ghee or homemade butter. Surnali or surannali is a sweet rice pancake from coastal Karnataka region. Its as soft and spongy as a bread but without yeast.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food surnoli: (bread dosa/ buttermilk dosa) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.