Pour water into a Dutch oven over medium heat. Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl; add to water, stir well, and bring to a boil. For the best homemade apple pie filling, I like using a mixture of apples: Honeycrisp and Granny Smith.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, apple pie filling. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Apple Pie Filling is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Apple Pie Filling is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have apple pie filling using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Pie Filling :
- Get of Sauté.
- Make ready 5 of apples.
- Prepare 1 oz of butter.
- Take 3 oz of sugar.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- Take 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Take 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Get of Slurry.
- Make ready 2 oz of cold water.
- Take 3/4 oz of cornstarch.
- Make ready of Add without Heat.
- Prepare 3 1/2 oz of sugar.
- Get 1/4 oz of butter.
Granny Smith are quintessential baking apples and most commonly used in pie recipes, but I love the bright and slight tartness of the Honeycrisp, and it is sturdy enough to bake with. Other great options are Braeburn and Golden Delicious. Stir the thawed filling to combine and spoon into pie shell; place the top crust over filling. Flute the edges and cut slits for the steam to escape.
Steps to make Apple Pie Filling :
- Set oven to 425F..
- Peel and cut apples to desired size. *I cut the apples into 1/4s, and then cut out the core. Then cut the 1/4s in half, and the halves into 1/3s..
- Sauté the apples in the 1 oz of butter until slightly softened..
- Add the 3 oz of sugar, and allow to simmer until about a 1/4" of the apple pieces are translucent..
- Once simmering, add the salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and lemon juice..
- Mix together the cold water and cornstarch, and add this slurry to the apples once cooked to preference..
- Remove from heat, and add the 3.5 oz sugar and 0.25 oz butter. Stir until dissolved. **If the pie filling is still a little too thick, add small increments of butter until desired consistency..
- Allow to cool before filling your pie crust..
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. *** Tip: wrap edges of crust in aluminum foil to avoid burning. Remove last 15 minutes of baking..
Cool for at least an hour before cutting. Sprinkle lemon juice over apples in saucepan. But there comes a time to break the mold and try something new! How to make apple pie filling Prepare the liquid base. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, cornstarch, and water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food apple pie filling recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.