Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, hokkaido milk buns. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Hokkaido Milk Buns is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Hokkaido Milk Buns is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hokkaido milk buns using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hokkaido Milk Buns :
- Take of Flour and Water Paste.
- Make ready 35 g of flour.
- Take 175 g of water.
- Prepare of Dough Ingredient.
- Make ready of Flour + Water Paste.
- Get 370 g of flour (plus extra for when kneading).
- Make ready 30 g of sugar.
- Get 3 g of salt.
- Make ready 5 g of active dry yeast.
- Make ready 40 g of egg (room temperature)(1 egg is around 50g).
- Get 140 g of warm milk.
- Get 40 g of softened unsalted butter.
- Get of Milk and Egg Mixture.
- Prepare 10 g of egg (the remainder of the egg).
- Take Splash of milk.
Instructions to make Hokkaido Milk Buns :
- In a small pot, mix the flour and water over medium heat until it becomes a pudding texture. When finished, transfer into a bowl to let it cool..
- In a mixing bowl, put together the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast and mix..
- In the dry ingredients, mix in the warm milk and egg. You can use a wooden spoon or just your hands. It will form a shaggy dough..
- Once the flour and water “pudding” is cooled down, mix that into the shaggy dough. Once that is thoroughly mixed in, mix in the softened butter..
- Once the dough is all mixed together, prepare a floured work surface to knead. The dough will be really sticky and wet at first but as you knead and incorporate more flour, the dough will become firm and less sticky. Knead for about 15 minutes until firm dough is made but still soft and has a sticky touch to it..
- Set the dough in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a slightly damp towel. Place it in a warm area and let it rise until doubled in size. The oven with the lamp on is good enough of a warm space..
- Once the dough has doubled in size, remove it from the bowl and separate into 12 pieces by first cutting the dough in quarters and then cutting the quarters into threes. Roll each piece into a circle and place of a baking sheet with parchment paper. 6 on a sheet, 2 sheets..
- Place the tray back in a warm area to let it rise again. The dough may even rise to double its size again..
- Once the dough is risen again, remove from the warm area. Set the oven to 350°F..
- Take the remaining egg and mix in a splash of milk. Brush this mixture on the top of each bun and bake the buns for 15-20 minutes..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food hokkaido milk buns recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.