Irish Shepherd's Pie – a meat and veggie pie topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is a baked meat pie made from lamb meat that is either cut in small chunks or minced. Although there are many variations, small vegetables are typically added to the meat mixture and then topped with mashed potatoes.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, easy traditional irish shepherd's pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have easy traditional irish shepherd's pie using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie :
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 lbs of ground meat of your choosing.
- Get 1 of Small Onion, diced.
- Get 8 oz of Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed.
- Prepare to taste of Ground Black Pepper.
- Take 4-8 of servings of Instant Mashed Potatoes.
I've said it once and I'll say it again there is nothing Irish about Corned Beef and Cabbage, but Shepherd's Pie has always been and still is a staple of traditional Irish cooking. This is a really easy, but tasty recipe that the whole family will enjoy. Add in the onions and saute for a minute or two then add the meat. Cottage pie is a very similar meal, except that you would use minced meat rather than lamb.
Instructions to make Easy Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie :
- Place the ground meat and onion into a pot over medium heat. Cook the two of them until they both have been browned. Usually about 10 minutes..
- Add the Peas & Carrots to the pot. Stir together, adding the pepper to the mix as well. Cook together for another 5 to 10 minutes..
- When the meat mixture is complete, place into a either a pie or cake pan, about 9 inches. Set to the side. Usually, you can use two pans..
- Prepare the mashed potatoes as directed on the box. When it is done, put the mashed potatoes on top of the meat mixture. Spread evenly across the top..
- Turn the Broiler on in your oven. Put the two pans into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes. Check here to see if the topping is to your liking. Everything is basically cooked, so you are just browning the top of the mashed potatoes. I will usually add another 5 to 10 minutes.
We have selected the recipe and video from Food Wishes. Why I picked this recipe: Shepherd's pie is one of the first things I think of when I think of Irish food. What worked: The rich, creamy stew studded with luxuriously tender lamb was made even better by the silky smooth enriched potato topping. Irish Shepherd's Pie Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie would actually call for ground lamb. The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food easy traditional irish shepherd's pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.